Spitfire PRXIX flap interior colour?

Graham T

Going by photos (which are not mine to show here) of hard-to-reach areas, interior grey-green would seem to be standard (wheel wells, too.)

Thanks for that info. I will save it in my kits' instructions, for when I get around to starting on my 3 (for now) Airfix PR XIXs.

I would hope the Thais and Turks didn't repaint those areas.

Larry

But, as someone inevitably has to point out, Spitfire flaps were "as a rule" closed. And if you insist on having them down, please also have the little "clearance door" on the upper surface open.

bob

Edited by gingerbob

But, as someone inevitably has to point out, Spitfire flaps were "as a rule" closed. And if you insist on having them down, please also have the little "clearance door" on the upper surface open.

bob

p.s. Have not forgotten Seafire decals!

Yes aware that leaving them down on a Spit would usually result in the offending pilot having to buy a round in the mess but I'm leaving mine down just for a bit of interest!

• Like 1

Yes aware that leaving them down on a Spit would usually result in the offending pilot having to buy a round in the mess but I'm leaving mine down just for a bit of interest!

So you're buying us all a drink, then? . . .

• Like 1

have an erk, maybe from the new Airfix ground crew set, peering into them, as they were dropped for maintenance.

Okay, I give up. :banghead:

What does that mean?

Larry

80440cks = b o l l o c k s

as in 'damn' or 'rubbish' it's not swearing, as was proven by a 1977 court case about the title of the Sex Pistols album

https://www.acc.umu.se/~samhain/summerofhate/courtcase.html

the site filter turns it without gaps in 'man-vegetables' which is another use of the word