Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Mike

Any idea where I can get the LED set from? Can't seem to locate it :hmmm: The other option is to light it using LEDs and a bunch of wires... now if only Warren was here to help me with that. Mr Madmonk to the white courtesy phone! ^_^

Evening Mike,

The new (2013) 1/500 kit shows two lighting units, one for the bridge and one for the main engine.

I intend lighting mine with a 2 green and 1 blue LED in the bridge, orange in the main and smaller engines, white in the front weapon and green in the side indicators (or whatever they are called), might even throw a few fibre optics around the place too.

Will also have a microprocessor in there too to give a bit of sequencing.

Not fully sorted it out yet but if you let me know what you are thinking I will try and accommodate!

Cheers,

Warren

Thanks for that - I now know what the name of them is, I know what to look for, so might have better luck myself! :lol: One thing that I don't really like about them is that you have to switch each one on individually, and I presume they each have a coin cell in the base. Think I might be PMing Warren in a minute :)

Yeah - that's what I figured. I wanted to avoid touching the model as much as possible once I've finished, so might have to invest in a custom wiring loom. Will pick your brains shortly :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...