Aston Martin DBR9 Airfix 1/32

Buenas noches, amigos!

Know what? Somehow I finally found out some inspiration to return to the plastic thing :lol:

dscn3460.jpg

Believe it or not, I got interior finished

dscn3461.jpg

I like the results. After all its my first car and my first BIG 1/32 scale model.

I'm specially happy with the rearview mirror and the funny micro cell phone :)

Didnt add a single wire. Why? Just because I'm not looking for pain anymore.... I can live without any wire inside the car... This time at least :D

dscn3449.jpg

dscn3457.jpg

dscn34621.jpg

dscn3450.jpg

Hope you like how it looks. :D

Thanks about the pics offering! Will haved in mind for sure!

About the wheels. Yes, will try to use the included ones. In fact, I preffer plastic as never used rubber parts.

Ps sorry for not writing before I,ve been really disconnected from modeling lately

Edited by JuanjoDominguez
  • Like 2

So kind, beer drinking Homer ;)

4.jpg

This is the way it looks after polishing with 2500, 3000 grit sand paper, fast cut compound and Tamiya conpunf fine and finish grade. May be I'll polish it a bit more...

1.jpg

3.jpg

And to take a break at the polishing work I'm finishing some minor details as the headlights

5.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks guys!

Not sure about the weathering... After all, I already did such kind of things whith my aircratf & helo models....And this is my first car. A glossy thing if you compare it with, say, a sh-60b :D . . May be I just should leave her shiny... Who knows... :)

Hi JuanjoDominquez,

hoping this is not a problem for you, I'm copying your work to carry out my Aston Martin, you are doing a great job.

I have only a question, how do you think to solve the problem with the clear parts especially with the windshield.

Testing my, there are two large gaps near the bottom part of it.

Thaks for your help.

Mario

So kind, guys. Thanks!

Hi JuanjoDominquez,

hoping this is not a problem for you, I'm copying your work to carry out my Aston Martin, you are doing a great job.

I have only a question, how do you think to solve the problem with the clear parts especially with the windshield.

Testing my, there are two large gaps near the bottom part of it.

Thaks for your help.

Mario

Mario, I cant notice any gap at all. Are you sure you positioned correctly those clear parts?

• Like 1

JD,

I don't know but trying I found that the rear glass is practically perfect and the front windshield leaves some gap in the two bottom corners.

Indeed, I have separated the two clear parts (front and back) to let the two glass best fit, but the front has anyway two little gaps.

I will try to better fix it.

Thanks.

Mario

JD,

I don't know but trying I found that the rear glass is practically perfect and the front windshield leaves some gap in the two bottom corners.

Indeed, I have separated the two clear parts (front and back) to let the two glass best fit, but the front has anyway two little gaps.

I will try to better fix it.

Thanks.

Mario

Anyway, in that case, may be you could use some Future on them...

After a big problem with the bodyshell, I colapsed the roof when polishing it, that its almost corrected :chair: I'm working on some details of the spoiler (it's that the word for the spanish word alerón?)

I changed the shape of the original part (left) to the, in my opinion, more convincing at the right. I cut the new shape and added a thin plastic tab at the trailing edge.

13.jpg

Do you still remeber I didnt like the shape of the fuel lids moulded by Airfix? This is the way the looks at last.

12.jpg

The will go over the black decal circles I already put on the bodyshell

2.jpg

Hope you like! Thanks for comment ;)

• Like 3

Hi mates!

A little update to the thread...

The wheels included surely are not the pride of Airfix if talking about good moulds :D After a lot of cleaning up this is the way the look... I scribed the separation line between the rim and the rubber and added valves from stretched sprue

14.jpg

I improved the wiper too as the included piece is too simple for my taste

21.jpg

Hope you like :)

• Like 4

You have to remember this kit's origins, a lot of parts get simplified for slot cars but it's a great base for a really good model as you've more than proved.

Each modification has been well worthwhile and it's great to see the results of a lot of nice work.

I wish Airfix would release more like this, there's plenty to choose from and anything new in 1/32 is quite rare.

Great to see a small scale kit get the treatment!

Dave