1/144 Trident 3B British Airways

I grew up in a house a stones throw from the north end of the runway at Hatfield. I watched the maiden flight of every Trident 3b with my late father. A wonderful place that site was, so sad to see it disappear completely.

• Like 1

Lovely rendition.

I've always had a soft spot for the Trident. They were very familiar at Dublin. In my plane spotting days I think I logged the entire Series 1,2 and 3 fleets that remained in service from 1972 to 85.

I did manage to get a flight in one, a Series 2 in 1981 on a flight between Heathrow and Dublin. It was a very windy day at Dublin and the Trident wallowed all over the place on final approach.

As for facing backwards on an airliner, I've done that a couple of times. Once on a Dan Air Super 1-11 and again on a Braniff 727-200.

• Like 2

Great job on that Trident.I have one from VEB Plasticart but thats a Trident 1.

Never had an F-Resin kit before,might try that one for a start

Thanks Alex. I'm a great fan of F-RSIN but limited run injection moulding has its limitations and you must understand that their kits need a lot more work than Revell or Zvezda. Anybody who expects to shake the box and have an F-RSIN kit fall together is going to be very disappointed. On the other hand F-RSIN will give you an accurate basis and if you put in the work you should be rewarded with a good model. The Trident was great fun and not particularly difficult but it did need care to ensure, for example, that leading and trailing edges were up to standard. Probably the trickiest part of the build, strangely enough, was the horizontal tailplane. The two halves were only an approximate match and required an evening's worth of fettling to get right. Not a big deal but a good illustration of the sort of work you may have to do.

Your T3 looks great - my dad flew 1,2s and 3's for BEA through to the BA days so I was lucky enough o spend a lot of my childhood weekends on the flight deck jump seat. I have this kit on the shelf along with the Airfix T1 - very inspired to build mine now

thanks for posting such wonderful work from a time gone by

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

You asked for constructive criticism...OK here goes.

You need to see a doctor and pop into Specsavers while you are about it....if you think there is anything wrong with this model

That is a superb Trident. A faultless rendition an if I had made that I would be proud

Yes F-RSIN are no shake and bake but with some work this is what you get. I can only echo the praise given above.

Personally I prefer something like this rather than the put together in an evening with no gaps. You put something of yourself in it.

Nice Job

• Like 3

Thanks everybody. I thought this thread had gone quiet!

Pte 1643 - see post 15. I did swither (for non-Scots that means have a debate with myself) about weathering but eventually decided to keep it minimal. Every Trident must have been clean at one point!