Challenger 2 - Desertised with Etch and Barrel (Tamiya 1:35)

That looks fantastic, apart from the Scots DG option :thumbsup:

A couple of realism points from an ex CR2 commander and Gunnery School Instructor, if you don't mind :winkgrin:

As you have modeled the Thermal Imager in the open position you haven't painted the TISH (Thermal Imager Sensor Head). In reality this is a very expensive Lens but more importantly for the model it is a Glass lens so Gloss Black would look ideal with the background painted to give it more depth.

The Loader's MG is great but once again, the Ammo box lid would either be closed to an extent that the rounds would still feed into the gun from the box, or the lid would be taken off and "stowed" somewhere, or thirdly it would be in the fully open position, ie, 180 degrees from the closed option.

Hope you don't mind me mentioning these couple of points, it will only enhance the build slightly more than you have achieved already.

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick,

I'm honoured to have feedback from someone so knowledgeable - Thank you.

I'm going to have to admit to not knowing what the Thermal Imager is but I'll take a stab at the unit at the very top by the Commander (sorry, I just like building models :whistle:). Had I have known about this I could have glossed the inside black behind the glass. I might try and pop the top off and sort that :hmmm:. The whole unit is mounted in a rubber bush so will pull out and will be easy to handle.

The MG case I can sort in a second. It's made from etch so will just need slight pressure on the lid to achieve 180 degrees :)

Much appreciated :thanks:

Cheers

Nigel

Hang on - Is the Thermal Imager just above the barrel?

I've just noticed I've left the Blu-Tack on the glass I put there when spraying - :doh::oops:

I'll remove it and post revised pictures soonest.