1/72 Firefly Vc Normandy

Finished at last!

This is a Plastic Soldier Company 1/72 Firefly Vc built out of the box with a little added stowage. I've set it in a little diorama/vignette with some PSC British Infantry to add a bit of interest.

The Firefly is finished with Vallejo paints and Mike Starmer decals representing a vehicle belonging to B Squadron, Staffordshire Yeomanry, 27th Armoured Brigade.

IMG_5653_zps8fb90fb8.jpg

IMG_5652_zps92135c5f.jpg

IMG_5646_zpsac4eb3dc.jpg

IMG_5649_zps3b5effe6.jpg

IMG_5650_zpsad1fcb76.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 24

Finished at last!

This is a Plastic Soldier Company 1/72 Firefly Vc built out of the box with a little added stowage. I've set it in a little diorama/vignette with some PSC British Infantry to add a bit of interest.

The Firefly is finished with Vallejo paints and Mike Starmer decals representing a vehicle belonging to B Squadron, Staffordshire Yeomanry, 27th Armoured Brigade.

IMG_5653_zps8fb90fb8.jpg

IMG_5652_zps92135c5f.jpg

IMG_5646_zpsac4eb3dc.jpg

IMG_5649_zps3b5effe6.jpg

IMG_5650_zpsad1fcb76.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Dave

Brilliant diorama of my favourite tank thanks.

P.S the soldiers are brilliant who are they from?

• Like 1

Glad you like the diorama :)

The figures are Plastic Soldier Company late war British Infantry. I must admit that I quite like these figure sets but there are a couple of 'odd' poses. Purists will tell you that their equipment isn't exactly correct with some anomalies i.e. full packs being worn, water bottle webbing incorrect and respirators being carried etc. But they are more in scale when compared to other figures.

Cheers

Dave

Nice little diorama,...... I think I'll stick to "proper" 1/72 scale figures from now on instead of the Valiant ones I used on mine, I just prefer the poses of the Valiant figures as the PSC ones are a little to 'actiony' for my liking.

I know what you mean. I like the Valiant figure sets but I find them too large to be close to 1/72 vehicles.

That looks amazing, to the degree that it difficult to believe the scale size. Well done that man👍👍👍👍

I keep meaning to do a firefly in our local yeomanry colours- their museum is 4 miles away at Thoresby hall. Better get my skates on!!!!

That looks amazing, to the degree that it difficult to believe the scale size. Well done that man

I keep meaning to do a firefly in our local yeomanry colours- their museum is 4 miles away at Thoresby hall. Better get my skates on!!!!

I'm glad you like the diorama. Which unit is your "local yeomanry"?

Dave

• 2 months later...

Great little scene! Could you please say a word or two about the tree and foliage you used?

Ingo

Hi Ingo

Sorry for not replying sooner. I'll post something on the tree and foliage when I can get on my laptop tomorrow.

Cheers

Dave

Great little scene! Could you please say a word or two about the tree and foliage you used?

Ingo

Hi Ingo

The tree was made using a wire armature made from brass picture hanging wire. Bundle together a few strands and wrap with single strands to make up the trunk. The upper branches are made by progressively unraveling the strands to make the finer branches. I then solder the the wires together. If you don't have a soldering iron you can use a filler such as Miliput to give the required bark effect. After painting the trunk and branches the foliage was made using Woodland Scenics foliage mat stuck to the wire branches and followed up with some loose flock material.

The hedge is made of rubberised horse hair usually sold by model railway stores. This was fixed in place with a few natural brush bristles pushed into the groundwork to form the main structure of the hedge. This was then finished with some Woodland Scenic flock material to give the finer foliage.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Cheers

Dave