Beech 18, AIR AMERICA, South East Asia, Early `60s

Howdy everyone, finally calling this one done

ErOzffV.jpg

My attempt at Mach 2s boxing of BattleAxe 1/48 scale Beech 18

rDuGJKY.jpg

Finished to represent an aircraft flying with the CIA funded Air America airline during the Vietnam/Secret War

4Dz3yJp.jpg

The kit is mostly OOB with just a few embellishments, inluding; seat belts, curtains/blinds for the cabin windows....

3VeIeDQ.jpg

Sratch built windscreen wiper, some brake pipes and ignition harness for the engines.

XYEMkCi.jpg

The decals came from the stash and Rodens Porter kit, the serial no is bogus (it`s what I could find in the spares box )

9i00wlx.jpg

Been a bit of a battle and don`t think I`ll try another one for a bit.

Hope you enjoy, thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

• Like 21

That's a jolly interesting looking aircraft you have there. :)

I'm imaging a red line and a map of the world for some reason. Maybe I've watched too many films. :mental:

And what a storming job you've made of it. Great looks and finish. With WHITE! Eeep! :o Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to get an effective white finish on something.

Thanks again for sharing with us Russ. :goodjob:

• Like 2

Hi Russ,

Nice model with very interesting (especially for me) markings option. Have seen a Beech 18 in the colors of Air America´s predecessor Birds+Son in the Squadron Signal book "War in Laos. Wish there were a greater choice of this "Secret War" stuff in 1/72. Great job on the curtains, too!

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 1

Absolutely brilliant stuff! I find the Air America stuff fascinating, this may just prove to be the inspiration I need to venture down that route myself at some point when some space presents itself in the build queue!

Top stuff!

Nik

• Like 1

Thats lovely Russ,...good effort.

Here is my attempt at the same kit!;

Expeditor-48th-1.jpg

Quite a sporting build isn`t it!!?

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony, is that sporting like they should make sanding an Olympic event ?

Nice job on yours BTW

very nice work RUSS looks great , nice subject look forward to seeing some more in that livery???

Cheers BC, funny you should mention that, there`s one, not too far away...................