1/72 Eduard Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX, VIII and XVI

172flogger

The Spitfire is here, and it's fantastic !

Good afternoon

I totally agree with Giogio I received mine today a Profipack and a Overtree boxing and it's fabulous :banghead: I hope the Mk IXe and XVI will follow soon ..

Everyone should buy at least one ..

Patrice

List from local forum:

2016:

09 - Royal Class Quatro Combo, 1x IXc Early, 1x IXc Late, 2x IXE.

11 - Mk.XVI Dual Combo Bubletop/Highback Limited Edition

12 - Mk.IXc Early ProfiPack

1st half of 2017.

Aussie Eight Mk.VIII Limited Edition (with book)

Mk.IXc Late Weekend

Mk.IXE ProfiPack

2nd half of 2017:
NAŠI SE VRACEJÍ Quatro Combo Limited edition (Czechoslovak, with book, august)

Mk.XVI Bubbletop ProfiPack

Mk.VIII Weekend

The list is subject to change

Brassins:

engine

weapons
engine cover (09/2016)

• Like 8

If you will insist on buying every single Spitfire kit made.

Fair point but... Just look at all the temptation! Not fair, I tell you!

I've started one of mine, although it'll be a whiffed clipped fighter bomber in Italy. So far it's a bit... fiddly. Wings go together fine once the rear locator pins are removed. Cockpit interior is a tad snug and the fuselage won't close unless the instrument panel is sanded down along the outside. Sounds like an Airfix Spitfire!

I also dislike the moulded on outer gun patches, plus the post war three spoke hub wheels (admittedly not used in this kit) are too small, being the same diameter as the normal wheels.

I know, minor niggles and for the sheer volume of spares, well worth it.

Edited by The wooksta V2.0
  • Like 1

@Phantom

Not only WE is going to be released next year. More interesting is the lack of Mk.VIII ProfiPack. But yes, next few years are going to be very costly for my wallet. This year to limiteds - RC and Mk.XVI.

@Wooksta

As far as I remember FW 190 has the same problem with the cockpit. I'll check it today...mine are going to come in a few hours.

List from local forum:

2016:

09 - Royal Class Quatro Combo, 1x IXc Early, 1x IXc Late, 2x IXE.

11 - Mk.XVI Dual Combo Bubletop/Highback Limited Edition

12 - Mk.IXc Early ProfiPack

1st half of 2017.

Aussie Eight Mk.VIII Limited Edition (with book)

Mk.IXc Late Weekend

Mk.IXE ProfiPack

2nd half of 2017:

NAŠI SE VRACEJÍ Quatro Combo Limited edition (Czechoslovak, with book, august)

Mk.XVI Bubbletop ProfiPack

Mk.VIII Weekend

The list is subject to change

Brassins:

engine

weapons

engine cover (09/2016)

Thank you for that info

Patrice

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Their first iteration (IXc late) includes the cigar drop tank, so everything in the box I need to make a machine from 350 squadron (Belgian) in the summer of 44. Still too shy to begin the Tamiya 1:32 one my wife offered me.

Must have.

Edited by PattheCat

• 1 month later...

Mine's arrived! :yahoo:

50 notes plus another fiver post.

Happy guy :wow: you are faster than I am ..I suppose you have preordered it some times ago ?

I just ordered mine a few minutes ago for a mere 51 euros the shop offered the post charges :thumbsup: as I ordered another boxing for a friend :thumbsup: ...

This year is not a good year for my wallet neither for my stash :fuyou_2: (tough I managed to sell some kits :coolio: ..)

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 1

So hopefully 11 & 12 (along with the original kit) will give me all I need rather than the Royal Class

I'm a tiny bit annoyed there's not a lowback XVI in the Royal Edition, but then I realized I still got four Mk IXs and got all weak in the knees.

• Like 2

Patrice, I saw it on ebay a few nights back and hit the "Buy it Now" button. Arrived a few days later.

Dave, you may want to get it anyway! Okay, 50 notes seems a tad expensive, but when you start looking at the package, it's pretty good value:

4 x Profipack kits @ £13.99ea = £55.96

4 x Brassin wheel sets @ £4.50ea = £18.00

New decal sheet w. FOURTEEN options - £10 seems about right, given the average price of a good decal sheet these days

Beer Glass ? Say a fiver and another quid for the coaster. £6.00

Knock off a few quid for the separate decal sheets from the Profipack kits - £12.00

Roughly £80 if bought separately. I'd call it a bargain at £50. No doubt some canny shopping online and then the inevitable sales next year could see them cheaper.

Oh, it's exceptionally good value, (MJW were doing it for £49 at Scale Scotland today) but for what I want to do, I can live with out the Brassin, the beer glass etc, especially as the decal options I want to do aren't in the kits

PS if anyone doesn't need the Clostermann/602 options from the Late IXc kit, I'll gladly take them off your hands in return for postage costs as I'll be able to use them on my early mk IXs and mk XVIs....! (and possibly mk21s and 22s as well) :-)

Oh, it's exceptionally good value, (MJW were doing it for £49 at Scale Scotland today) but for what I want to do, I can live with out the Brassin, the beer glass etc, especially as the decal options I want to do aren't in the kits

PS if anyone doesn't need the Clostermann/602 options from the Late IXc kit, I'll gladly take them off your hands in return for postage costs as I'll be able to use them on my early mk IXs and mk XVIs....! (and possibly mk21s and 22s as well) :-)

I can't understand why no one bought one at the show today! Granted, I think they could have done a few more interesting schemes in the set but we sold a huge load of the 1/48 Royal Class Spits when they were new, so I was sort of expecting something similar with the 1/72 set. It proves to us that it's very tricky to predict what people will buy. We also had some interest in the Royal Class but none on the new Eduard Fw190F-8 but we sold most of them at the show! We've just got to hope for some steady Royal Class sales over the next week or two, otherwise we'll have a load of shelf warmers!

Anyway, if I had known you could have had the decals from my Profipack at the show, as I'm building one of the other options.

thanks

Mike

I'll be buying more in the long term due to financial difficulties caused by a triple whammy of Eduard Spitfire IXs, Home Bargains almost giving away Airfix kits and now the Sword XIVs!

I'm rather enamored of the beer glass - apparently there's six to collect. Eduard, you've just issued me a challenge.

• Like 1

I'll be buying more in the long term due to financial difficulties caused by a triple whammy of Eduard Spitfire IXs, Home Bargains almost giving away Airfix kits and now the Sword XIVs!

I'm rather enamored of the beer glass - apparently there's six to collect. Eduard, you've just issued me a challenge.

How many sets of Spitfires do you have to buy to get all six beer glasses, or are you going to start a swap forum here?