1/72 Eduard Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX, VIII and XVI

172flogger

That's not how modelling works and you know it. We all buy three or more Sword XIVs, wait ages until we feel like we have the skills to make a good job of them, then Eduard releases theirs and we dump all the Sword kits on the market at 50% or more off.

Ha! Not me. I thoroughly intend to build every kit I've ever bought, which is why my stash is slowly (actually, not that slowly) taking over the whole house in a similar manner to The Blob.

• Like 3

Unfortunately it doesn't look good at all. This ridiculous Czech obsession with rivets in 1/72nd scale aside, but what have they done with control surfaces?? I was hoping for scaled down version of their 1/48th scale kit, but this must be a joke. A bad one!

Edited by MarkoZG
  • Like 1

No matter, I'll still buy a couple, even if its to use for spares & cross kitting with others, though fwiw, I reckon the rivets will largely disappear under a coat of paint & a quick scuff with some wet & dry will reduce the overdone fabric effect to a manageable level. IMHO of course. :)

Steve.

• Like 3

No matter, I'll still buy a couple, even if its to use for spares & cross kitting with others, though fwiw, I reckon the rivets will largely disappear under a coat of paint & a quick scuff with some wet & dry will reduce the overdone fabric effect to a manageable level. IMHO of course. :)

Steve.

Rivets, I find, are also extremely useful for covering gluey fingerprints.

• Like 2

I've noticed the control surfaces but, if my memory works ok, same was with 48th. But when it hit the shelves it turned out that they were ok. Methinks it'll be fine. And this photos magnify the details. I believe I'll get several of them.

• Like 3

The amount of detail in this kit is just insane. Can't wait to get my hands on it. The decal options are a bit uninspired I'd say with the multitude of users available to choose from, but then again I have plenty of sets in the stash already waiting for a kit like this.

• Like 1

After analyzing the photos and instruction on the Nymburk's forum I must admit that we have the best Spitfire Mk.IX in 72nd to date...until Tamiya release theirs one day.LOL :D

I can see one or two things I don't like but nothing serious. I've already ordered two and if everything's ok I should have them before the end of the month. Then I'll be able to say more.

So now Eduard should start designing early Spits.

After analyzing the photos and instruction on the Nymburk's forum I must admit that we have the best Spitfire Mk.IX in 72nd to date...until Tamiya release theirs one day.LOL :D

I can see one or two things I don't like but nothing serious. I've already ordered two and if everything's ok I should have them before the end of the month. Then I'll be able to say more.

So now Eduard should start designing early Spits.

P-51 b !

The kit looks fantastic,i was gonna wait for the VIII but this looks too good not to build at least one.

• Like 1

Kit does indeed look fantastic, and although I agree that riveting in 1/72 scale is a bit dubious exercise, quality is truely superb.

What I dont like is complexity, is it really necessary to have upper cowling in two separate parts ( they managed to do it in one piece with Avia kit)

two piece tyres etc...I Know it will all come together more than nice, but in my opinion this kit should have borrowed more from 1/144 kit than 1/48 one.

Well, dash it all, I've ordered two. Bet you they get here after the full release kits go on sale in the UK, given shipping speeds between the USA and the Czech Republic.