1/72 Eduard Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX, VIII and XVI

172flogger

Bearing in mind the 6 mk XVIe early Overtrees I got from Eduard at Telford, plus the myriad Heller ones in the stash, I thought 3 to be a perfect number.  However, two had an additional fuselage sprue due to damage to the fuselage, which given the amount of spares in the Eduard kits is effectively a second kit.  Bonus result!

TBH, I'm actually at saturation point with kits and some have got to go leaving more room for Spitfires at a later date.  I need to cut back, not buy more.

On 5/6/2017 at 14:17, Mikemx said:

Hi Patrice

It was available last week!

thanks

Mike

Good morning Mike

I received mine yesterday and all I can say is :clap2:Eduard , I just wich I had more time for modelling these little gems ..

Patrice  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Our main August project is the 1/72nd scale NASI SE VRACEJI (The Boys are Back), intended to coincide with the anniversary of the return of Czechoslovak airmen from Great Britain on August 13, 1945. As in the 48th scale predecessor of the same name released four years ago, the focus of this package is the publication written by Zdenek Hurt. The publication uses to advantage massive archival materials to describe the services of Czechoslovak pilots on the Spitfre Mk.IX in British and Czechoslovak squadrons during the Second World War in Europe, their eventual return to their homeland in 1945, their integration into postwar fghter units, and even describes the use of the Spitfre by Israel, to which the Czechoslovak aircraft were sold in 1948. The publication goes on to describe aircraft of various other air forces that obtained the Spitfres by way of transfers, sales and trades, and includes current aircraft in private collections. There are three kits in the package, covering each of the Spitfre F Mk.IX, LF/HF Mk.IXc and LF Mk.IXe. The decals cover a total of forty marking options that are detailed in both the publication and the instruction manual. Included in the kit are, naturally, masks and photoetched brass, resin wheels and two types of resin exhausts. Contrary to the 48th scale version of this project, this kit will be generally available with other new releases

Vladimir Sulc in the letter /leaflet2017-08/ to distributors...
SNAG-0000%2B07.08.31.jpg

SNAG-0001%2B07.09.15.jpg

SNAG-0002%2B07.09.45.jpg

SNAG-0003%2B07.11.00.jpg

SNAG-0004%2B07.11.54.jpg

SNAG-0005%2B07.12.48.jpg

SNAG-0006%2B07.13.15.jpg

SNAG-0007%2B07.13.53.jpg

SNAG-0008%2B07.14.12.jpg

20 hours ago, The Wooksta! said:

I couldn't find it but I'm sure more will be along soon.

I bought at eBay Germany.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/EDUARD-2120-Spitfire-Mk-IX-Naši-se-vracejí-in-1-72-LIMITED-Triple-Combo/311922427597?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Ouch!  I'll give that a miss, for now anyway - I can get the "Royal Combo" for less than that!

Edited by The Wooksta!

• 2 months later...

New Profipack boxing announced for November 2017 - ref. 70123 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXe 'The final Nine'

Source: https://fr-fr.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/1837807896234149

November new release, the British WWII fighter Spitfire Mk.IXe kit in 1/72 scale is the last of the "nines" we missed to close this series. The kit that we release in the ProfiPACK Edition contains decals for 5 colorful color schemes.
The author of the title boxart is Piotr Forkasiewicz.
Cat. No. 70123

L’image contient peut-être : texte
Aucun texte alternatif disponible.

V.P.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Release in April 2018 - ref. 70123 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.VIII ProfiPack

Sources: 

https://fr-fr.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/1986054298076174

https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/1987472681267669

How do you like the box-art for April ProfiPACK Spitfire Mk.VIII kit in 1/72 scale (cat. no. 70128) by Piotr Forkasiewicz

L’image contient peut-être : texte

V.P.

• Like 2

Good to see a small sharkmouth Grey Nurse, this style of markings is much less seen than the later large sharkmouth.

I recently received the Aussie Eight set and the more I look at the Eduard Spitfires the more I'm impressed

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...