*La Dolce Vita - Italian GB 2016 - "we got 34 now Ma!"

trickyrich

I'd let you just so you could finally get around to finishing it!!!

Just looked at you build thread...completely mad!!! It would have been easier to scratch build it! Though like the work you've do so far, you do have to finish it....KUTA VIII???

Spooky "Resin obi one"

I was going to make virtually the same post !

Seriously come on Caerbannog, you could quickly finish the Macchi and and then build something else not as difficult, how about the coliseum out of matches for example ?

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

Ooh, yes please!

I'm pretty sure to still have some Italian aircraft around then. :thumbsup:

welcome abound

Spooky "Resin obi one"

Seriously come on Caerbannog, you could quickly finish the Macchi and and then build something else not as difficult, how about the coliseum out of matches for example ?

Cheers Pat

haha

or a Pasta Alfa........opps that's right they are made of pasta, that's why they always break down when it rains!!! :rofl:

just 5 move members required before we can go to the voting stage!

• Like 1

I'd let you just so you could finally get around to finishing it!!!

Just looked at you build thread...completely mad!!! It would have been easier to scratch build it! Though like the work you've do so far, you do have to finish it....KUTA VIII???

Kuta VIII is one option. But there are so many GBs at the end of this year I doubt I will be able to get the Macci though. I fear it will be a stop and go project for some while now. But it will be completed some day ;-)

Spooky "Resin obi one"

Cheers Pat

:thumbsup: reminds me of this: https://blog.adafruit.com/2014/05/12/incredible-matchstick-international-space-station-iss-model-built-using-282000-matchsticks/

now back to topic ;-)

Cheers,

René

• Like 1

Cheers René

Great link, so come on don't be a tease, what are you planning to build ?

Cheers Pat

Not sure yet - I have the following matching kits in stash:

1. Special Hobby Breda Ba 65

2. Taurus Models Mc 202 with some aftermarket bits and

3. Classic Airframes Cr.42

4. Fly Ansaldo SVA with custom decals

I wish I had something more easy to contribute :-) My favorite is the Breda, the easiest will be probably the Ansaldo. Whish I had another Macci Racer...

Rene

Hmm, I have a Tamiya Macchi 202, a Hasegawa Lancia Stratos, a slightly-started-but-only-undercoated Fujimi Ferrari Dino and a copious selection of Tamiya Ducatis. Better put me in.

Further checking reveals a brace of Italeri Saharianas. And a Fiat G.91. And a surprisingly large quantity of Tornados. I'm sure I can find a subject that appeals on the day.

Edited by Rob G

I found a Heller 1:43 Benetton F1 kit in my stash. Deep in there, actually. Gotta check whether the actual F1 team was Italian or British... or is it eligible anyway?

Tricky one.... Benetton raced with a British license from 1986 to 1995 included. From 1996 included to 2001 they raced with Italian license.

Personally I'd say that a car from the latter period can be considered Italian, even if the chassis was built in the UK. Cars from the earlier era are a more complicated matter.. the team was UK based and raced with a UK license but was owned by an Italian family. What is the more important aspect ?

Edited by Giorgio N

Tricky one.... Benetton raced with a British license from 1986 to 1995 included. From 1996 included to 2001 they raced with Italian license.

Personally I'd say that a car from the latter period can be considered Italian, even if the chassis was built in the UK. Cars from the earlier era are a more complicated matter.. the team was UK based and raced with a UK license but was owned by an Italian family. What is the more important aspect ?

See I knew someone would know the answer, :D even if it caused more confusion!

The idea of the build is it is either Italian, was used in Italy, or have some positive connection.

So in this case Giorgio is correct in saying 1996-2001 would be ok, otherwise.....maybe the Italian family is not quite enough.

I found a Heller 1:43 Benetton F1 kit in my stash. Deep in there, actually. Gotta check whether the actual F1 team was Italian or British... or is it eligible anyway?

This GB still has to get past the voting stage (well actually to the voting stage) so I wouldn't get too concerned yet about the one you have found. By the time we get there you are bound to have found something in your stash........or acquired something! :whistle:;)

Thanks Giorgio and Rich. I can build this in the Racing GB should that make the vote... The Heller kit appears to be Benetton F1 from 1988 season so definitely British :-) V-P

Edited by vppelt68

• 3 months later...

Gosh I got so side tracked on other things I had forgotten about this one!.

As Arnold mentioned we just need 2 more votes to go through to the voting round!

The subject matter for this is as big if not bigger than that of the French GB plus a h#ll of a lot more sexy!!

So come on people, I bet most of you have something Italian in your stash, dig it out and come join the fun.

I don't know how I missed this one. With the success of the French Fancy GB, this one seems like a logical next step. Please count me in.

My choices would be an F-104S, a G-91 and a Ferrari formula 1 car. But I've also seen an interesting scheme for a P-39. And wot about Harriers and Tornados?

Ooh! Ooh! Savoia-Marchetti SM.79...

:bounce:

• Like 1

I don't know how I missed this one. With the success of the French Fancy GB, this one seems like a logical next step. Please count me in.

My choices would be an F-104S, a G-91 and a Ferrari formula 1 car. But I've also seen an interesting scheme for a P-39. And wot about Harriers and Tornados?

Ooh! Ooh! Savoia-Marchetti SM.79...

:bounce:

I don't know, but there are probably a lot of other members out there that would just love to join the fun as well.

Savoia-Marchetti SM.79......oh yeah!!!! :wub:

1, trickyrich

2, Mitch K

3, vppelt68

4, JOCKNEY

5, Lex77

6, CliffB

7, Giorgio N

8, Prenton

9, milktrip

10, Arniec

11, Bonhoff

12, Caerbannog

13, Paul J

14, swat11

15, TallPaul

16, Chimpion

17, Doug Rogers

18, hgbn

19, feoffee2

20, Ettore

21, SleeperService

22, iJones

23, Shermaniac

24, Mitch K

25, maltadefender

26, JackG

27, RobG

28, 06/24

29, Enzo Matrix

If its 2016 then count me in... I am sure the RNZAF flew Italian jet trainers at some stage, or else its an Italian dressed Stuka out of the "poor lil orphan" stash, with an Autoblinda (sp?) for company