Sword T.5

Not easy, but no more difficult than an Airfix Halifax or something similar. Main issue is filling seems and getting those ruddy stabilisers fitted!

I'll try to get a picture tonight now all the big bits are on. Needs the lower fin join blending in then a damn good micromesh.

Cheers

Great progress on this..!

I've drilled into the tailplanes and fuselage to get a good strong fit with some wire. Used same angles as the real hinge (have to watch out to not go through the tailplane surfaces with the drill).

I don't know if you've trial fitted them yet, but the flaps are a bit of a crap fit on mine.

Combination of the wing halves not being even and the flap itself being a bit mould shifted - sanding the wing and adding some card to one edge of the flap is doing the trick...

Matt

Thanks for the HU on the flaps Matt, not tried them yet. Hoping to get some paint on this weekend, so will check the flaps beforehand.

That's what I tried on the tail planes, but I did end up going through the surface slightly and I got the holes poorly aligned so that the fit wasn't good. Had to fill the gap to improve the look in the end.

Cheers

Neil

Got some silver on yesterday (Humbrol 90). Went on a treat, but came to mask it up and it just fell off under the mask :(

I've resprayed it and Kleered over the top, but a bit stuck now if this doesn't work.

Open to ideas if it doesn't hold!

Started to put the decal on tonight, but not very impressed. The squadron emblem and bar for the tail is about twice the size it should be, literally almost covering the complete width of the fin. The instruction drawing matches up with photo's of the real thing, these decals would be more appropriate for a 1/48 aircraft

Bit of an update. Still got decals to put on and regretting using the kit roundels. I think the upper ones are too large and too blue, but I just want to get it off the bench now. Lessons learned and all that. Thanks to John (Nimrod54) for sending me some tail emblems as the kit ones are far too big.

15_zpsdbe63864.jpg

14_zps9916b65d.jpg

16_zps0a9b929d.jpg

13_zps3b9e1526.jpg

• Like 5

Cheers guys.

John, Tamiya XF-81 with an over spray lightened with white to give some tonal variation. Trying to get it done before Xmas day as the family need the dining room table back!

You and me both bud. Thanks for the paint info.

That is looking rather tasty. I'm trying to get mine finished before the big beardie guy arrives too, not because I've stolen the table but because I know I'll get very little done once everyone comes off for the holidays.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Hopefully we will see a flurry of activity in the GB today :)

Got the sticky out bits and seats to do now and re-fix the windscreen on as it came away. Quite happy with how it's looking now after a slight weathering and a sprinkling of matt varnish to dull it down a tad...

17_zps2bc20260.jpg

20_zps4b693a4c.jpg

18_zps175e3b1f.jpg

19_zpse9e649af.jpg

• Like 5