Eduard 1/48 Spitfire

Pagey

Made this earlier this year for 90 year old lady who was in the RAF during the war and whose favourite plane is the Spit. Since I gave her the spit she carries it everywhere around the house such as to allow her to look at it when she is eating dinner. It was a pleasure to build it for such a fine lady. The roundels on the wings were made by homemade masks and sprayed on

Hope you enjoy

15730132607_2dc45c5fb6.jpg

P6250012 by Rich Page, on Flickr

15730269967_d9099bf02f.jpg
P6250011 by Rich Page, on Flickr

15730281847_38a11a2b46.jpg
P6250002 by Rich Page, on Flickr

• Like 16

Thanks Guys.

Was a lovely model to build (except for the exhaust stacks, I don't know why they were made so complicated and fiddly) I didn't do exhaust staining as I haven't done that before and didn't want to ruin the finish (I have since done it on another model and it wasn't as difficult as I thought).

Ahhh what a lovely story about the lady for whom the model was built .... :) Cracking Spit as well......

BillyD

She is a pleasure to talk to when ever I visit my parents (as she lives across the road from them) We always talk aircraft when I see her. last time I saw her I gave her the poster from flypast magazine of the two lancs. She loved it and asked me to hang it over her fire place for her.

Thanks for the lovely comments.

Edited by Pagey
  • Like 1