This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
gengriz

Far East Pair - BPF Walrus & BEF Hellcat

Officially my last two builds of the year, both reflecting my 70th anniversaries build theme:

First up, the Revell(ex-Matchbox) Supermarine Walrus from HMS VICTORIOUS, bearing the markings of the newly formed British Pacific Fleet. This is a most enjoyable little kit, confirming the excellent quality of Matchbox's biplanes. I added some basic interior detail, plus the radio masts to this one, but otherwise it is built as supplied. Areas to watch: aligning the wing and motor pod struts:

DSC_0183_zps0b3afe80.jpg

DSC_0185_zps4e140265.jpg

DSC_0169_zps15c7be13.jpg

Second, another build of my ancient FROG Stash, a Grumman Hellcat in British Eastern Fleet markings from 1839 Sqn in HMS INDOMITABLE. After my experience earlier in the year with the same kit, I have extended the undercarriage oleos on this one to a more realistic length:

DSC_0201_zpsd32843a7.jpgDSC_0200_zpse33531ef.jpg

DSC_0199_zpsa6b8e768.jpg

And finally the two together:

DSC_0189_zps548835cc.jpg

FredT :)

These are great Fred - it's interesting to see the Walrus and Hellcat next to each other. The Hellcat is definitely big for a fighter. This caused me to re-look at some of your past builds. Perhaps we could persuade you to post a pic of your WWII FAA collection?

I love Frog and Matchbox kits!These are kits for real men!!!

Both look absolutely lovely.

Congrats

JR

Fantastic looking pair, really nice work