Far East Pair - BPF Walrus & BEF Hellcat

Officially my last two builds of the year, both reflecting my 70th anniversaries build theme:

First up, the Revell(ex-Matchbox) Supermarine Walrus from HMS VICTORIOUS, bearing the markings of the newly formed British Pacific Fleet. This is a most enjoyable little kit, confirming the excellent quality of Matchbox's biplanes. I added some basic interior detail, plus the radio masts to this one, but otherwise it is built as supplied. Areas to watch: aligning the wing and motor pod struts:

wp2c8bc6af_05_06.jpg

wp3f81cb98_05_06.jpg

Second, another build of my ancient FROG Stash, a Grumman Hellcat in British Eastern Fleet markings from 1839 Sqn in HMS INDOMITABLE. After my experience earlier in the year with the same kit, I have extended the undercarriage oleos on this one to a more realistic length:

wp3a3c25be_05_06.jpg

wp512c4afd_05_06.jpg

wp11d98071_05_06.jpg

And finally the two together:

wpf1756fbf_05_06.jpg

FredT :)

Edited by gengriz
Undoing the damage that Photobucket inflicted
  • Like 16

These are great Fred - it's interesting to see the Walrus and Hellcat next to each other. The Hellcat is definitely big for a fighter. This caused me to re-look at some of your past builds. Perhaps we could persuade you to post a pic of your WWII FAA collection?

I love Frog and Matchbox kits!These are kits for real men!!!

Both look absolutely lovely.

Congrats

JR