F16AM Dutch Air Forces Solo Team Display 1/72

Hello folks, here a little build that served as a distraction before my next bigger one. It's a F16 in that lovely orange-red paint by the Dutch Solo Team Display Acrobatics formation. It was easy to build, i think the Revell F16 kit already casts a long shadow.

As a special i cut the gears in pieces and remodelled it to a retracted state with the gear doors just closing. Went very well i think. I also added extra wires and tubes to the gears, but they can't be seen anymore :(

The decals were very easy to handle, but though it was difficult at some points to position them correctly. I did some minor mistakes on that way.

The stand is made from a bend acryl tube and a piece of wood.

Despite all that, it's a nice looking display build that doesn't overthrow one with details. Enjoy:

P1010832_zps6b0777d2.jpg

P1010831_zps314d6943.jpg

P1010829_zpsf1eb2270.jpg

P1010826_zpsc58237f3.jpg

P1010825_zps9c883802.jpg

P1010824_zpsad5bf617.jpg

P1010823_zpsb9fa2545.jpg

• Like 13

thanks for your kind replies.

Regarding the orange:

I tried different versions. First the ones from Revell, paint clear orange over aluminium. It came out patchy and in general not good looking. As the clear colors from Revell are not the best ones, maybe it will be better with colors from another supplier. I went with the version that i mixed the color by myself after original photos. I didn't write down how much from every component i used, but mainly the mix consistet of glossy orange, aluminium, red and yellow. I would recommend going this way as i think the instructions with the clear orange are a bit suspicious to me.