Atlantic Models

Shar2

Having been in contact with Peter Hall who not only runs Atlantic Models, but was also responsible for most of the White Ensign Models etch and resin releases, he wishes to assure everyone that Atlantic is still around, although as a separate entity rather than a support company. To this end Peter is designing a new website, with a new address, www.atlanticmodels.net it may be a while before it's up and running as he's doing the work himself, and in his own words:-

"Keep an eye on the Facebook page as I'm going to let everyone know what the plan of campaign is shortly. In the meantime assure everyone on Britmodeller that I'm still in it and going for it. More kits and PE sooner."

So, there you have it, all is not lost with the demise of WEM and the master mariner of the etch and resin world is on the case. :thumbsup:

• Like 10

Peter was working on some new masters for kits for WEM, and I did read that Pete is hoping that he will now be able to incorporate those into the Atlantic Models portfolio, the particular kiit mentioned was the Battle Class Destroyer, but there may be some others too.

• Like 1

Also try L'Arsenal in France, they also carry WEM PE stuff.

EDIT: just had a look, doesn't look like the Type 45 is in stock. sorry.

Edited by Brokenedge

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the support you have been giving me on the expansion plans for Atlantic Models. The new website www.atlanticmodels.net is now up and running and things are starting to come together.

One of the projects I have in hand is to release new sets of PE for the Modern Royal naval kits that are currently available in 1/350 scale. HMS Illustrious and HMS Daring by Airfix and the Type 23 Frigate in various boxings by Trumpeter. The PE Sets for the HMS Illustrious kit will be broken down into smaller section from that which has been available from WEM. The new set will be to fit out the kit as HMS Illustrious as portrayed.

Then there will be a backdate set using the other parts to make up the model as it would have been after the first big refit in the early 90s. This will go hand in hand with the resin Sea Dart set I already have available.

The HMS Daring PE set will just be an updated version of the WEM set if that is possible. The same with the Type 23.

As for the rest of the plan to move forward, things will take time, I can't do it all at once, but hopefully over the next few months you will notice more things becoming available as I expand the range. I will be tackling the other scales as well, so the Brit Ship Modellers will have some thing to go at soon.

Cheers

Peter

Atlantic Models

• Like 12

Given the number of T45's Airfix seemed to clear (if the forums are anything to go by) in the Black Friday sale I'd say you'll have more than a few orders for the updated PE!

Can I be greedy and humbly suggest a hook up with Hawk Graphics to get their 1:350 Modern RN decals more readily available in the UK? They never seemed to come into stock for WEM and they seem a natural match for your range (plus my HMS Atherstone will never be done without them!!!).

Good luck with expanding the business!

Question, the Battleclass that's coming out is there much difference between HMS Barrosa and HMS Barfluer ?Main reason Barrosa was a ship my Dad served on ,the same has the picture

528139_3858644379374_1880536383_n_zpsa52

I think you could get there, but with some work - Barfleur was a 1942 Battle, Barossa was a 1943 - not sure of all the differences but I think the director was changed to a US type and an additional single 4.5" mount added.

From the photo above Barossa was later converted to an Air Warning ship - much larger lattice mast with double bedstead radar plus extra deckhouses - that'd be a bigger deal.

Andrew

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the support you have been giving me on the expansion plans for Atlantic Models. The new website www.atlanticmodels.net is now up and running and things are starting to come together.

One of the projects I have in hand is to release new sets of PE for the Modern Royal naval kits that are currently available in 1/350 scale. HMS Illustrious and HMS Daring by Airfix and the Type 23 Frigate in various boxings by Trumpeter. The PE Sets for the HMS Illustrious kit will be broken down into smaller section from that which has been available from WEM. The new set will be to fit out the kit as HMS Illustrious as portrayed.

Then there will be a backdate set using the other parts to make up the model as it would have been after the first big refit in the early 90s. This will go hand in hand with the resin Sea Dart set I already have available.

The HMS Daring PE set will just be an updated version of the WEM set if that is possible. The same with the Type 23.

As for the rest of the plan to move forward, things will take time, I can't do it all at once, but hopefully over the next few months you will notice more things becoming available as I expand the range. I will be tackling the other scales as well, so the Brit Ship Modellers will have some thing to go at soon.

Cheers

Peter

Atlantic Models

That's great news Peter, I look forward to seeing what great things you have planned for us in due course.

• Like 1

At last some good news :speak_cool: hope you have a successful time with your new range Peter I for one will be looking forward to the new stuff and thanks for coming to the rescue.

Beefy

Looks like you are going to be very busy Peter, another question the 1/350 Kryten turret for the Type23?,no hurry busy with Airfix HMS Illustrious.

Peter,

It's nice to see that things are set to continue but what about the aviation aftermarket (PE & resin), did you also produce these items and if so, do you intend to continue selling these?

Thanks and good luck,

Tony

In answer to the last two questions, I would dearly like the Kryton Turret pattern to come back into the fold as it was a real b*$£@r to make in the first place. But there is a problem as the turret was also part of the Type 45 ship pattern so I would have to get back the whole thing and not just the turret. Time will sort that one out. And I am also looking at a sollution as we speak. Hang in there.

As for the aviation stuff. Yes I did do the 1/72 scale PE and resin bits for things like the heavy bombers and flying boats. And one or two smaller ones two (Kingfisher and Devastator) I had only just finished the Hellcat set and sent it in. Gone out of my hands unfortunately.

I will be looking at all of the possibilities over the next few weeks, and as things become clearer as to what will happen to the WEM product base, I will add to my Atlantic Models range as needed.

All the best

Peter

Atlantic Models

• Like 1

Peter

I don't know whether they were your masters or not, but the WEM 1/350 generic RN doors & hatches PE set has been indispensable during my Ark Royal build (as has your Cheverton, your Sea Dart, your/WEM's Lusty PE set, and so on!). If they were yours, can I put in a plea for you to re-issue them under the Atlantic brand?

Once Ark is finished, I'll probably move onto Norfolk (DLG-era, not this modern Type 23 malarkey!), using your Glamorgan kit, which I already own. Then Dido (my first ship), using your imminent Cleo model. But then I will have run out of old ships that are commercially available, so will be biting the bullet to scratch build Fearless, Broadsword, Boxer, Blackwater...

Things like guard rails and doors / hatches don't half make a difference when you are scratch building (as you know far more than me!).

Delighted to see that you are filling at least some of the hole left by WEM's sad demise. There are a fair number of after-market PE producers for aircraft, but the list of 1/350 ship model providers is a lot smaller; all contributions gratefully received, but especially ones as high quality as yours! Thanks...

• Like 3

The answer to that is easy, I have a new set of RN Doors and Hatches, as well as a generic set of RN style Railings and Ladders in 1/350 scale. These will be going to the etchers this side of Christmas as priority as they are generic items.

I have also solved the problem of the lack of the Mk 8 Mod1 turret. A new pattern will be going to the caster on Monday so it will appear as a new item in the accessory list on the Atlantic Models website shortly. It won't be available immediately as the caster takes time to process my order through the system, but there is nothing to stop anyone putting in pre orders for it by my e.mail.

All the best

Peter

• Like 7