PSC Stuart M5A1 with some extras in 1/72

Arie Vos

This time another Market Garden related topic. On 25 September 1944 Coldstream Guard enter the city of Oss. Amongs the vehicles there was at least one Stuart tank.

Box art:
_MG_5271.jpg

3 identical sprues in the box:

_MG_5273.jpg

The Cpl Overby conversion set:

_MG_5274.jpg

After a few hours this is what I managed to build:

_MG_5283.jpg

Plastic sheet added to extend the left side. On actual pics seems the right side was already removed by the crew:

_MG_5284.jpg

Wheels and tracks are just 1 part:

_MG_5286.jpg

Airbrushed the little tank and added some subtle weathering. Decals are from Dan Taylor Modelworks and Aleran decals.

_MG_5301.jpg

_MG_5302.jpg

_MG_5303.jpg

_MG_5305.jpg

_MG_5306.jpg

Crew and somee last bits and pieces to be added

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Great build :D

I agree with the Sgt, great kits that you can put together very quickly. There's plenty of scope to detail them but they are let down by the tracks.

Thanks for posting.

Dave

Ironic when it's only those and the turret used. Now what to do with all those spare bits?

Hi Guys,

Some of you will maybe aware, that there is now a track set update from CPL Overby. This to add to the existing other upgrades. This makes me wonder, just how much of the original PSC tank is still left after all the upgrades ?

Steve

• Like 1

I've designed a 3D print of the lower hull with interior detail for used with the spare early upper hulls and tracks.

DSCF0652_zpsac14ada4.jpg

Stuart Jalopies FTW! :coolio:

I'd be interested in one or two of these.

On a related note, the Mirage Hobby 1/72 M5A1 and S-Models M3A3 Stuarts are now available.....I picked some of each up over the holidays.

I can order any number of my Stuart lower hulls from Shapeways.

If you are in the UK I can have these delivered directly to you. If you are not in the UK I will have to get them delivered to me then post them on to you.

The cost will be £5 each plus P&P to the UK(about £7.35 irrespective of numbers).

If several people want the lower hulls it might be cheaper to pool the order and get them delivered to me and I forward them on.

• 11 months later...