What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

1 hour ago, junglierating said:

Ah we did wonder sounded to loud to be a hawk....could hear in Yeovil

Yes seemed to be doing wide circuits yesterday: could hear it in Chippenham so possibly doing something over Salisbury Plain too?

Been quite busy round here already this morning - a Cranwell Phenom crossed Carlyon Bay at 600ft (could hear, but not see it, because of haze), a FRA Falcon passed over quite low doing a couple of approaches to Newquay, and as I started typing an Atlas just arrived over Newquay, and like yesterday's C-17, is now heading this way at around 3,000ft, presumably to do some approaches...

....an hour or so on from the above, and just had a Culdrose Hawk do a very tight circuit almost directly overhead - normally they only pass by...

Edited by andyf117

On 6/23/2020 at 10:17 PM, lasermonkey said:

A Spitfiire TR.9 and T-6 within minutes of each other and later on, a pair of CV-22s which I heard but didn't see.

Any idea where they were going? Flight radar suggested they came up from Cambridge but lost it on flight radar near Pitlochrie... I only saw the one Spitfire.

C17 of Hungarian AF (Poland, Czech and Slovakia participate in), right after strat from Krakow, seen from my garden

50075888722_dd86ec139f_b.jpg

50075635246_a6bcb39dac_b.jpg

50075888467_275199af2b_b.jpg

Cheers

J-W

• Like 7