What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

About 8:30 this morning a Hercules coming low out of Liverpool over Bromborough.

Trevor

Hi Trevor.

Have you seen the An-12's in and out of Liverpool recently?  They seem to be quite frequent at the moment running in over Flint and the Wirral for 09 at Liverpool.

Chris,

41 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

@stringbag

What’s the story behind the An-12’s?

Trevor

I was hoping you might be able to enlighten me on that score.  They seem to originate in Tangiers but I've no idea what they're hauling.  Thankfully. they make a nice change from the usual visitors to Speke. 

Chris

• Like 1

Some more machines take part in parachutes excercises starting from Krakow-Balice airport close to my house, not my photos this time unfortunatelly, but very unusual livery with 1944 invasion stripes of US Army two C 130:

http://eyeofbaki.blogspot.com/2019/07/12072019-d-day-usaf-c130-16-5840-07-8609.html

Today two other C-130s, have not noticed even who is owner...

J-W

Sikorsky S-58T doing some heavy lifting as a crane just north of me. And then landing at the local airport for refueling. This is the one the photo is from the web. 

UYmouL4.png

Im going to build this one day if it kills me. Ive been trying to do the build for a couple years now, just cant afford the conversion set from Lone Star yet. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

A big fat C17 doing low lazy circles this afty with its gear down. Was probably doing a touch and go landing at Leeds Bradford Airport. Really loved the sound of its engine howl as it went over! 

Regards

Steve

2 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

@fatfingers could it have been this?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/huge-military-aircraft-spotted-flying-16653924

Maybe it was doing the rounds that day.

Trevor

Aye up Trevor.

Certainly possible. Didn't manage to see the serial number though.

Regards

Steve

2 hours ago, fightersweep said:

Just had a Tiger stripe Puma HC 1 fly overhead at Weston (16:04). Presume it's XW224.

Steve

Are you sure it's an HC.1?  Pretty sure it's been converted to an HC.2.  Funnily enough, it was the same cab which the Pussycats painted up in Tony the Tiger colours in the early 90's.

Just now, Wez said:

Are you sure it's an HC.1?  Pretty sure it's been converted to an HC.2.  Funnily enough, it was the same cab which the Pussycats painted up in Tony the Tiger colours in the early 90's.

No idea! 🤣 I just googled "Tiger Stripe Puma" to check what I had seen, and I found a photo of something that looked identical taken at Fairford last week. The caption said HC.1, so they probably got it wrong. Serves me right for believing what I read on the internet! 🙂 

Steve

1 minute ago, fightersweep said:

No idea! 🤣 I just googled "Tiger Stripe Puma" to check what I had seen, and I found a photo of something that looked identical taken at Fairford last week. The caption said HC.1, so they probably got it wrong. Serves me right for believing what I read on the internet! 🙂 

Steve

All of the Puma's in service now are HC.2's.

1 minute ago, Wez said:

All of the Puma's in service now are HC.2's.

HC.2 it is then Sir! I tend to get my knickers in a twist when it comes to egg whisks! 

Steve

7 minutes ago, wavodavo said:

Saw it too with another just outside of Clevedon.

Yes! I just caught the back end of the first Puma as it disappeared behind a house. I don't tend to see the Pumas so much. It's usually the Merlins and Chinooks, and maybe the occasional Hawk.