This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

HP42

What's flying over your house? Thread #2

Lots of traffic today: several great tits, blue tits, robins, dunnocks, goldfinches, greenfinches (numbers seem to be recovering slowly), along with the usual sparrows and squabbling starlings.

Even though we only have a small garden, we have quite a few feeders out and get lots of visitors.

The more exotic of these were a goldcrest, a somewhat lost reed bunting, a great spotted woodpecker and that make sparrowhawk I managed to get some pictures of last year.

We have robins in a nest box I built so chuffed about that. Last Wednesday a C17 flew over several times doing practice approaches into LBA

Not exactly over my house but 2 Puma's flew over me whilst I was walking my dog this afternoon, and on Tuesday the British Antarctic Survey Twin Otter flew a survey/mapping flight over the factory where I work, and no I don't work in the Antarctic!

A P-40 flew over earlier, went round a few times and disappeared from whence it came. A P-51D did the same thing a couple of days ago.

A couple of DHFS / SARTU Griffin's flew West along the Great Glen this morning & headed back East a few minutes ago, possibly out of Lossiemouth.

Quite a way from home - maybe doing a bit of fishing in Mallaig...

Edit:- Now back & circling a gloomy looking Ben Nevis.

An Antonov AN-12 has just gone over Milnrow, Lancashire (M62 Junct 21!) heading for Yorkshire,......very very loud!

Cheers

Tony

I left my house for work at 6am this morning and was greeted by the usual early morning 100ARW KC-135R out of Mildenhall. There are clearly some benefits to living in the Fens, when you also throw in regular F-15s and CV-22s . . . .

Just had a Meteor fly over, heading East, so I assume it's going to Duxford.

Always a treat to see one!

Just had a Meteor fly over, heading East, so I assume it's going to Duxford.

Always a treat to see one!

Just seen the same. I live in Gamlingay near sandy and it was heading towards Duxford. Lovely sight and sound.

Had the Vulcan over both yesterday & today! Looking & sounding superb!

CL-215T

Convair 580 (two of them)

Eurocopter AS350B2

Missed the 212's taking off.

Forest fire 40 km to the west so last 6 hours have been water bombers orbiting over town reloading.

Sad news is we just lost a pilot on a different fire Friday - Air Tractor 802 crashed killing the pilot on board.

Red Arrows flew over Mountsorrel, Leics about 17.15 today.

Counted 10 Hawks though. Thought only 9 displayed?

Red Arrows flew over Mountsorrel, Leics about 17.15 today.

Counted 10 Hawks though. Thought only 9 displayed?

They have a spare, just in case one gets lost....

On my way to pick up my step-daughter from air cadets at RAF Brize Norton this evening I was treated to a fly-past from a CV22 Osprey on approach to the east end of the runway. VERY, VERY excited as I've not seen one of these before!!!

I'm used to seeing many different aircraft buzzing around but this really did leave me speechless with a dropped jaw...

Hutch

My lAd saw the Vulcan last week..I missed it..typical...

However,we were at our caravan at Sinnington just outside Pickering yesterday,and a tornado flew over our van at approx 80 ft..very very low..was fantastic

Daz

Just had 2 Apache's hovering over my house for a minute, almost like they were lost then they turned and were off

Had two Chinooks, a SAR Sea King and a Puma flying north (in formation) over Northampton today.

Tucano well below the weather and on a wing edge over Upton.

Going like stink!

Am I the only one who thinks this is a modern day Spitfire?

Rick.

Yesterday at 3pm between Neston and Heswall was a C130J. Too far away to see who's unfortunately.

Trevor

About 40mins ago, heard an unusual engine noise. Looked out the back and a RAF Typhoon and Spitfire in formation flying reasonably low over Milton Keynes, nice.

Had a Catalina fly over nice and low yesterday. That's not something I see very often 'round these parts, so very welcome.