What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Earlier on I saw a Dornier Do 28, accompanied by its distinctive engine noise.

Around an hour later, I heard the unmistakable sound of a raptor calling. When I went to investigate, I saw our friendly neighbourhood red kite being seen off by four buzzards, all right over my head.

Anson just flew over again. Looked like it was climbing away from Tern Hill. Missed a photo because it came back a bit higher  and I was writing this! I will have to have a bit of a dig around and see if it's hangered there. Apparently this one in silver and yellow training bands did belong to Air Atlantique based at Coventry. 

Edited by Rover420

Not over the house, but a Wildcat flew over the A453 at Barton, around 9am, did some circling over Attenborough, looking like a police helicopter, then landed at Chilwell.

Edited by Teuchter

Plenty of de Havillands today, such as Tiger Moths, a Chipmunk, a DH84 Dragon and a Leopard Moth. There's a de Havilland charity fly-in at Old Warden this weekend, and living nearby has its benefits.

I popped over earlier and took a few snaps, which I will post later.

• Like 1

I'm convinced I saw a Wessex yesterday over Trimpley Resevoir, about 5 miles from Kidderminster, and a few minutes later a Hercules.

I'm wondering if the helicopter had been at Cosford, we often see Hercs going over so nothing unusual in that

Edited by Whofan
Correction

B-1 at about 15:10.  Tried filming it with small point and click camera.  Waste of electrons; image is so grainy it could be the Loch Ness monster.

Couple of B-52s at about 18:00

All 3 coming into land.

• Like 1

I heard something that I recognised as the sound of ducted fan motors, so I rushed outside. Saw this rather portly fellow trundling around the village:

DSC_0962_zpsqdyq6ito.jpg

DSC_0960_zps1t7dbpic.jpg

DSC_0954_zpsswdyddbl.jpg

DSC_0945_zpsfv9khjas.jpg

DSC_0938_zpsk7jaqg1q.jpg

Lovely to see an airship in Bedfordshire skies again!

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 2

The replacement for tragically lost R116 was low and slow over the house today.  Looks like the winchman was looking at us looking at them...

@Dermo245 Do you know which R11? it is?

June%20-%2017%20006_zpscduiom90.jpg

Edited by Grey Beema
  • Like 2