What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Like several times the last few years there was lots of noise at first... then some light - or even ultralight - aircraft appeared about 1,5km (roughly a mile) away. Couldn't even hear it, and I'm terrible in ID-ing such types.

The noise came from two Eurofighters trying to 'intercept' it.

It was actually funny watching them 'sitting on their tails' while trying to decellerate to what was probably near-max speed of the object of their interest.

Not sure if the light aircraft missed the border (happens 2-3 times a year, I'm living quite close to Hungary), or if it was an exercise, though...

Tracey Curtis -Taylor over flew just to the North of my house after departing Farnborough lunch time today! The sound of the radial rasping away attracted my attention and so went outside to take a look! Quite distinctive green fuselage white winged Stearman! A lucky spot methinks.

Later this afternoon, a Commando with huge ROYAL NAVY emblazoned on the side door over flew heading west to Yeovilton I presume at around 16.20 pm .

Had a flying shed fly over where I live, literally right over the top of the house, yesterday afternoon. It was really low probably only at about 200-300ft or less, if it wasn't going so quick I'd have had a good look at the underside!!

We always get aircraft coming over our way, Apaches, civilian Eurocopters, H-60s (of various types, probably Pavehawks), tons of private civilian fixed wing aircraft, the odd WW2 flypast, commercial jets way up (but not so far up that you can't often make out they're sleazyjet birds).

Benefits of being not far (in aviation terms) from Mildenhall, Lakenheath, Stansted, a handful of private airstrips and places like Colchester barracks I guess.

Edited by Raven Morpheus

The Vulcan did a couple of laps of Swithland Reservoir (nr Loughborough) this afternoon, passing over my home village for good measure,

Stepson saw it, rang me up asking what it was, wife slept through the spectacle as she's poorly and where was I? The aviation enthusiast of the the house....

Doing the grocery shop!

Aaaargh!?

Just seen the Vulcan over Grantham but it was no normal flyby, she pulled up into a very steep climb then winged over( from my position it looked like a roll) to descend at a steep angle, showing off her silouette in a blue sky, that plane has no right to be town around like a fighter but it was and what a sight for such an old lady, what a plane, the like of which we will never see again.

She did this 2 or 3 times, even the other half was impressed, and that takes some doing.

• Like 1

Not the Vulcan unfortunately!!! I was going to try and get to Barton or Salmesbury but I`m stuck in the house again today and both locations are just over the horizon from me! Oh well.

I did get a Squirrel helicopter but that isn`t the same is t!

Cheers

Tony in Milnrow, Lancs