What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

I'm hoping to move in with my G/F,she lives in Bildestone ? just round the corner from Wattisham ?,seen Apaches and Chinooks fly past nearly everyday,shame I'm a tank man now :winkgrin:

Can't you get a G/F who lives near an army base? :wicked:

• Like 1

Hello,HP42 - Living at Yeadon,I regularly see the usual types of airliner (737/757) in and out of Leeds/Bradford Airport plus light aircraft.Occasionally we get a treat with a flying visit of a military type.Just recently a Tornado flew over Leeds City Centre on approach to Runway32.As great as that is,what I really enjoy is watching the sky,day or on a nice clear night.We're lucky to be geographically close to the overhead routes and get real relaxation from sitting in the back garden with my binoculars,airband radio and a suitable refreshment.The main tracks are South-East to West/North West approx.All medium/ long -haul types and occasional military transport types.(Globemaster,Galaxy and KC135).On a clear night,you can see the aircraft lights and study the sky closely enough,you'll spot the satellites.It may seem strange to many people(including my neighbours) but I just find it enjoyable and relaxing.Happy Landings.All the best,Paul.

Can't you get a G/F who lives near an army base? :wicked:

do you know of any ? :winkgrin:

I'm sure they'll be in the phone book under Army. You're on your own when it comes to the G/Fs.

Merlin heading up the Severn valley.

Nearly took the top of next doors tree!

I know they fly low, but this was VERY low!

Do you know why they fly soooo low?

Cause they can!

Rick.

Missing flying low....

Had a good old UH-1 flying over Wolverhampton on Sunday, anyone know anything about it? Thought there was only one airworthy in the uk (the one at the nationals)..... this was definitely a Huey, it was white. Was thinking has someone got G-HUEY back in the air?

• Like 1

Had a good old UH-1 flying over Wolverhampton on Sunday, anyone know anything about it? Thought there was only one airworthy in the uk (the one at the nationals)..... this was definitely a Huey, it was white. Was thinking has someone got G-HUEY back in the air?

G-HUEY has been flying for a while and was at North Weald on Sunday where it's based tucked up in the hangar, But G-UH1H might have been about which is based in Preston.

Guy

Edited by F4u
  • Like 1

I saw that too.

It flew up the Severn valley early afternoon.

Rick.