What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

A German Wings A319 flew over our house UTC 14:39 Low and throttled back ,went on FR24 1600 ft ish from Cologne..Its only the 4th airliner I've seen that low in 15 years, landed on the east West runway at Norwich. Anyone know why once in a blue moon that's happened ? All of them have been A319s too, the previous three were  Swiss. I thought those were on air test from Marshall's Cambridge,only a guess because of the time gap between sightings, I hadn't checked FR

FR details Flight GW16901...A319 D-AGWA over Lowestoft UTC14:39 ish.

Cheers

Not flying over my house but I caught the first day of the San Francisco Fleet Week 2017 air show yesterday. Absolutely beautiful weather and a great show the participants were

US Navy parachute display team "Leap Frogs" who jumped from a Missouri ANG C-130H

US Coast Guard rescue display involving two MH-65 Dolphins and a C-27 Spartan

US Navy P-8A Poseidon flyby

United Airlines 747-400

USAF F-16 display

Heritage flight display by F-16 and a P-51D flown by Steve Hinton

RCAF Snowbirds display team

Lucas Oil Pitts Special

Team Oracle with Sean Tucker

US Navy Blue Angels

All of the displays were great, I went with three of the girls from my crew and they were very impressed, their opinion was that the Snowbirds display was better than the Blue Angels.  

Yesterday a Dornier 328 came over on finals for Leeds Bradford. First one I had seen and checking it was a BA one that had been in and out of Leeds to a couple of different places. I wondered if it was doing a bit of training or route proving as 328s are not common round here. A few weeks back, saw a Typhoon on finals for LBA, we have had Tornadoes on a regular basis but this was the first I had seen around here (did hear the QRA birds when they came over a while back). 

Rooks and starlings mainly, on final approach to the food in our chicken run. Impressive side-slipping skills to drop into such a confined space with a landing run of two hops.

About 10 ago a Gendarmerie helicopter ( Eurocopter AS350 ) flew along the road bordering our horses' fields literally at tree top height, in fact below the tops of a couple of large oaks. There are power lines running across the road about 300m further down, I presume he went over them but it couldn't have been by much.

I live under the flight path from our small local airport,and we see our Australian aircraft fly over,had 3 F/A-18F fly over and had a mock dog fight(GREAT),E-7A Wedgtail and many times the C-17 Globemaster it comes in with all landing gear down as if it is about to land,but never does(asked the guys at the airport and they said it could not land runway to short) and I used to see the old C-130 Hercules(my favorite) don't see that often anymore,wife and I always go out the front to see these aircraft,always know when they are coming,can hear the noise.Can't wait to see the new F-35A Lightning II.Cheers.     

• Like 1

Today,s haul.

On the ramp at Puerto Montt. Abandoned dc-3 and Islander. British Antarctic Survey DHC dash 7.

At Punta Arenas. DC-3 on skis  and two twotters on Antarctic work plus 2 BAS Twotters  and a Chilean AF P-80 on gate guard.