What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

I live close to the airport and can clearly see all take offs from the most active runway sitting on my back deck, now i'm at Lat 19 south in Northern Australia, and just watched a Kawasaki P1 take off ( no mistaking it)

Would have got a photo, but was talking on the phone at the time.

Watched a pair of F-15s having a very low speed high alpha dogfight over Immingham this morning. Nice way to spend the wait for a full english at the butty van.

• Like 1

Can't see it from here but the Waterbomber 747 is just crossing the Irish Sea heading for Tel Aviv. I assume it's joining the Haifa forest fire fighters.

Paul Harrison

21 hours ago, junglierating said:

Half one today Sunday M27,jct9.

Yellow EC135 low hover/transition inspecting HT lines 

Ah.  He was buzzing around may place a couple of weeks ago. Chucking it around like nobody's business, he was. 

• Like 1

A400M fairly low over Frome market today(Sunday) which was unusual...unmistakable through.

Then on my way pretty sure I saw a Spitfire at high level....still unusual.

That said it's a long time since I won the ATC summer camp aircraft recognition competiton at Cranwell.  No wonder I became a matelot :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

These were a couple of days ago but and not over my house, but saw a pair of warbirds fly due north in the distance west, to far to see what they were but no doubt spits or mustangs or one of each. Also saw in the far north distance an A380, an unusual side north, normally see them going directly overhead or to the south, a look on Flightradar24 showed in on a holding pattern for LHR north of Chelmsford, shows just how big that thing is I could see it clearly from my window 35 miles to the south 

• 3 weeks later...

Hasn't flown over my house yet but siitting in Edinburgh Airport right now is a C-27J Spartan of the Royal Australian Air Force. Flying on test reg of I-RAIB but also listed as A34-007 on FlightRadar24. Planefinder had it as an Iran Air flight, LOL! Came in from Turin.

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon