What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

4 F-15E's in finger four a couple of days ago (actually about a week ago now that I think harder...!). As luck would have it we're right under the Lichfield Corridor, some days they go back and forth every 20 mins or so for hours.

Not over my house but... I spotted what I believe was a Spitfire disappearing over someone's house (I only saw it for a split second, but it sounded like a Merlin engine) heading south over Oxford earlier today. Any idea what it would be doing/going? I might be mistaken but I think it had invasion stripes, can't be 100% sure though.

i think we had the same 3 spitfires directly over the house, north Tonbridge, heading south. Flying straight and level in a really tight formation. Was a beautiful site in the evening sunset.

Sounded like they flew back around 25 - 30 minutes, but I missed them! :banghead:

12:15 Burnham on Sea, Somerset; a Merlin in light grey livery with bright red nose and tail, plus 3 large red chevrons on the underbelly. Couldn't see any nationality markings so don't think it was the Royal Navy version. Perhaps a civil/coastguard rescue?

I haven't seen one in these markings before; anyone have any photo's? It could be a good theme for a build.

Mike

12:15 Burnham on Sea, Somerset; a Merlin in light grey livery with bright red nose and tail, plus 3 large red chevrons on the underbelly. Couldn't see any nationality markings so don't think it was the Royal Navy version. Perhaps a civil/coastguard rescue?

I haven't seen one in these markings before; anyone have any photo's? It could be a good theme for a build.

Mike

Could it have been one of the new Norwegian birds?

Rob

It could be, although there weren't any nationality markings present and I'd recognise the Norwegian ones. Also, the Norge underbelly stripes are four, straight across the body, but this cab had three wider chevrons - more akin to the Coast Guard. Not sure why a Norwegian cab would be stooging around the South West of England?

Mike