What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Almost a mini airshow today! First off was a T-6 and Hurricane in formation, followed (coincidentally) by a Piper Cub. Shortly after that was another T-6 which performed some aerobatics noisily in the distance.

The T-6/Hurricane formation returned, this time with a Yak-52(?) in tow. Things then quietened down until a pair of Chipmunks flew past. Finally, a Dragon Rapide made an appearance.

The natural world put on quite a display too, with a red kite, a few kestrels, a sparrowhawk and more buzzards than you could shake a stick at.

• Like 1

RAF Puma just went into REME Brompton Barracks I was too slow with the camera caught her in the trees heading out towards Rochester at low level couple of minutes ago.

Chinook Apache & now Puma in less than a week lockdown must be over 🤣

Eamonn

Very odd, double holding pattern from an outbound BA 777, unless its fuel burning before returning to Heathrow due to an issue not sure what is doing 

EDIT: Should have check FR24 twitter feed, exactly what its doing 

FR24

https://www.flightradar24.com/BAW277/2752f3f5

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Had a couple of RAF Atlas go overhead, one from circuits and bumps at Newcastle and the other flew to and from Prestwick via the Lake District,.... presumably for some low level flying,..... returning via Liverpool along with a Voyager!

Now had USAF HC-130J Combat King II 17-5870 go over,.... flying from Spain,..... looking to be heading for Prestwick too,... prior to crossing the pond. Two `sneaky beaky' American aircraft in bound to Prestwick too at the same time as the HC-130J,...... a couple of PC-12`s from Milan any?,..... mmmm?

So quite busy,.... especially for a Sunday!

Police helicopter too,.... no doubt photographing all of the local BBQ`s!!

Cheers

Tony 

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 2

Just now an Irish Coastguard Sikorsky S-92 inbound to the city hospital. Originated at one of the offshore islands. Sadly some islander is having a crisis tonight. It's a regular thing. 

As I write this I hear it returning to base. Just came up on ATC requesting an ILS approach on return to the airport. They never miss a training opportunity. 

Normally I like hearing aircraft overhead but when it's the Coastguard you know someone's having a bad day. 

• Like 1

Been getting a bit of A400 action the past week up here at Inverness, had a BAF A400, reg. CT-03 here on the 9th, ZM405 on the 12th and ZM403 yesterday (13th)!

803a9b7ff78b24eaa980369cefe39878.jpg

CT-03 from Brussels

afce3b46e2fd1cdfef2afed43130d878.jpg

ZM405 from BZZ iirc

629fc75cf83d932da5d52e2c77616b54.jpg

ZM403, also from BZZ iirc

I have more pics but I don't want to over-clutter the thread :) 

• Like 5

I should also add that apparently Martin Baker's meatbox is/was at Lossiemouth yesterday! I unfortunately didn't see it, even though it should have been visible at 20,000ft from where I am for sure :( 

1 hour ago, KingTiger435 said:

. . . . . .  and ZM403 yesterday (13th)!

Was watching it on Flight Radar as it made its way up the east coast at fairly low level hoping to get sight of it up here in Angus but after some even lower level flying over the sea off Leuchars (lots of little circles at 180 kts. and 0ft. - the world's first aquaplaning A400?) it crossed inland over Dundee heading your way.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Des said:

...the world's first aquaplaning A400?

Who knows... maybe they are hiding something from us, I did once see an A-400 at 0ft on loch ness at 0ft on FR24 too...

Jokes aside, I FINALLY caught a USAF C-130 going to Lossiemouth!

a52037b90545e3c9a24c404ee02d80f8.jpg

Edited by KingTiger435
added more banter/changed wording
  • Like 3

Just had RAIDER22 165736 KC-130J directly over us heading to Souda 

18 hours ago, KingTiger435 said:

Jokes aside, I FINALLY caught a USAF C-130 going to Lossiemouth!

A USN C-130T :)

• Like 1

Martin Baker Gloster Meteor has been up in RAF Lossiemouth near me in last few days (might still be there?) a friend sent me two pics, but has a copyright watermark, not sure if I'm allowed to share, perhaps if I name and credit the photographer ... can anyone clarify please?

Never realised any were still flying? Interesting pics though, gloss black 2 seater with Martin Baker logo on the nose, rear canopy removed and lining up for take off with what looks like a dummy in rear seat and open canopy, can only presume they were about to do an ejection seat test.

I got some pictures of an A300 yesterday, for once one flew over before it got dark

On 14/04/2021 at 10:35, KingTiger435 said:

Been getting a bit of A400 action the past week up here at Inverness, had a BAF A400, reg. CT-03 here on the 9th, ZM405 on the 12th and ZM403 yesterday (13th)!

803a9b7ff78b24eaa980369cefe39878.jpg

CT-03 from Brussels

afce3b46e2fd1cdfef2afed43130d878.jpg

ZM405 from BZZ iirc

629fc75cf83d932da5d52e2c77616b54.jpg

ZM403, also from BZZ iirc

I have more pics but I don't want to over-clutter the thread :) 

I am immensely jealous! I love A400Ms

• Greg B locked this topic