What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

One house we lived in was literally 500yds from the Army Air Corps at Middle Wallop,  no neighbours and high hedges, so the ex was inclined to sunbathe in the nude, shortly after they had been handed their brand-new Apaches I came home from work one afternoon, it had been a hot day, and the sunlounger was in the garden, I casually asked the former Mrs TVM if she had had a good day, she then gave me chapter & verse on how her day off had been ruined by them flying their "new toys" backwards and forwards and around the house, about a mile distant, and now she was cheesed off because having come in, they had stopped.

I casually asked if she had been sunbathing naked, her answer was of course that she had.

As I walked out into the garden to enjoy the late afternoon sun, I casually remarked "You know they can see a fly on a cows' bottom from a mile in those things"?

Her face was a picture !

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Farmerboy said:

Two V22 Ospreys over the Farm tonight at 6p.m. We are on the edge of Salisbury plain, they were heading east, any ideas where they might be based?

Mildenhall, mate

• Thanks 1

Unsual sound this afternoon, a very loud one, nothing on flightradar but opening up flightradar revaled an RAF typhoon returning home high up and what must be very high mach number (~ 0.95) given the reported speed in knots, hope the pilot was being careful with the thottle given all the habalooo over recent sonic boom damage. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

4 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Unsual sound this afternoon, a very loud one, nothing on flightradar but opening up flightradar revaled an RAF typhoon returning home high up and what must be very high mach number (~ 0.95) given the reported speed in knots, hope the pilot was being careful with the thottle given all the habalooo over recent sonic boom damage. 

@PhantomBigStuIt was a practice QRA out of Coningsby. A flight of two, inc ZK312, that worked with ZZ337 Voyager tanker off the south coast near Portsmouth. The Typhoons returned over the Mid-Sussex area.

Martin

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

It was a practice QRA out of Coningsby. A flight of two, inc ZK312, that worked with ZZ337 Voyager tanker off the south coast near Portsmouth. The Typhoons returned over the Mid-Sussex area.

Martin

Good to know, ADSB only showed the one which I didn’t note but I fairly sure it was ZK359. 

Heck of a racket by a Typhoon 'HAVOC042' over SE Northumberland, heading down to Coningsby now, a couple more just returned from out over the North Sea.

There's a large RAF Transport 'TARTN48' (sorry guys, not up on Airliners, a 777?) doing circuits north of Norfolk. Exercises maybe?

Looking on Flightradar24.

Davey.

21 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

Heck of a racket by a Typhoon 'HAVOC042' over SE Northumberland, heading down to Coningsby now, a couple more just returned from out over the North Sea.

There's a large RAF Transport 'TARTN48' (sorry guys, not up on Airliners, a 777?) doing circuits north of Norfolk. Exercises maybe?

Looking on Flightradar24.

Davey.

A330-200 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A long, low rumble this morning turned out to be EIGHT F15's flying over Cherwell valley.

Apparently a fly past for a retiring officer.

I only got a quick glimpse, but there are a few videos popping up online.

• Like 3

In the garden yesterday at about 1700 when I heard something approaching and looked up to see a high winged light aircraft in a ‘ blood and custard ‘ scheme ( red wings and tailplane and cream fuselage ) floating over at about the speed of an average family saloon and sounding like a lawnmower on boost. Don’t know what it was but it made me feel nostalgic, because when I started gliding with the ATC at Hawarden the DH flying club there had two Tiger Moths in similar colours.

John

• Like 2

We had the latest F-15 TABOR deployment to the Middle East over here yesterday In the form of two batches accompanied by GOLD KC-135s from Mildenhall. Again today there were more Eastbound. Too cloudy today and yesterday, as they weren’t trailing they weren’t easy to see. 

Martin 

Had  a few RAF Puma`s over a week or so ago and an RAF Hercules over yesterday,..... I wonder if it will be the last time I see these types in RAF service flying?