What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Just been watching out of the window as AW.139 G-MCSD 'Bond 1' did a couple of turns around Montrose beachfront to those hardy souls out taking their daily socially distanced exercise on this bright but chilly afternoon.

Went out for my permitted daily exercise at about 9.30 this morning and an RAF Bae 146 came over on approach to LBA. According to Flightradar it was ZE708 and came from Northolt and looks to be heading back there now.Ā 

• Like 2

Had one of the police planes doing endless circles over Warsop during the weekend. According to my son they were doing thermal photography of people's lofts(!) but I don't know where he gets his information. Probably best not to ask...

HUNTER!

An unusual visitor for Somerset, Hunter XE668 has been screaming around at about 500kts (unfortunately way up high between 10 and 20 thousand feet). It's come out of Boscombe, we often get Hawks and ETPS aircraft out of Boscombe over here - I wonder what the Hunter is up to though.

Ā 

EDIT: Just noticed the Calspan Gulfstream (out from Boscombe) is also up with the Hunter - both are on a Boscombe squawk. I assume they are testing some new systems.

• Like 1

Ā  Ā  Ā  Not my house but my Uncle is vacationing in Gulf shores Alabama about 40Ā milesĀ west of Pensacola Florida. These flew by as he was on the deck relaxing.Ā CzWCXe1.jpg
Ā 

bZdVVni.jpg

Ā 

roocu4f.jpg
He was saying they got a free Blue Angels show yesterday.Ā 
Ā 

Dennis

• Like 4

About 15 mins ago a high level Hercules going SSE and not showing up on Flightradar and about 5 mins ago a Chinook heading WSW at just over a 1000 feet and squawking a SHF code (1158?). Appeared briefly on Flightradar, presumably as going under LBA approach. Never seen one this low around here, even those going into LBA follow the usual approach heights.Ā 

• Like 1

I live North of Lincoln closeĀ to the A15. Caenby corner for those who know the area.

Last night at around 10:35 a large fast Helicopter at low level came across heading South. Could have been a Chinook. but it sounded glorious!

I heard it again, faintly, about 45 minutes later, but not sure of the flight direction.

On 25/02/2021 at 17:25, lasermonkey said:

Also saw my first butterfly of the year yesterday, a small copper, for those lepidopterists amongst us.

Ā 

We saw a Red Admiral a couple of weeks ago when we had beautiful weather at the weekend, me and the Wonderful Mrs Wez both remarked upon how early it was, hopefully it could find some sustenance, it had obviously been caught out by the unseasonable warm weather on that day.

Ā 

This weekend I've been working in the garden (down to a t-shirt it was that warm), I saw a large yellow butterfly, is that a Brimstone or is it the wrong part of the year for them?Ā  @RidgeRunner would know!

Ā 

Very little in the way of other flying things I'm afraid.

• Like 1