What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

It's the US so basically it's just birds of the feathered kind.   Once in a while the local rich guy and his buddy will fly their Stearmans around..........but winter is approaching so that won't happen again for a while.  Maybe a commerical airline (yawn) every once and a while.

I only caught it by chance, not as noisy as usual came directly over our house and then turned to head towards LBA, rather than a straight in approach, nice to see  and i did see the C17 last week as well as a pair of Buzzards circling over the Pastures.

BTW, we are both alright, although Mrs T is a bit stressed as the surgery is very busy as Covid-19 numbers ramp up. Home Lea has staff off but residents OK

• Like 2

I saw the C17 yesterday as well Steve, was on its way back to Brize after doing a lot of stuff over Otley and North Yorkshire. Not often you see it low after it departs, usually they climb out. 

The 727 based at Doncaster Sheffield hused for environmental accidents was out and about on Friday near us. 

• Like 1

Right now Antonov An 12 (!) flew behind my window - just took off from Krakow airport. She was in unusual livery of Cavok Air. I did not managed to do photo but it looked like that one:

tVFmsEMUe7jeo8PPCX6wAEUbN7iAK9pQp10FPXvW

Regards

J-W

Cessna 400 series twin screaming by at 250’ climbing out of the south airport by me. I live between two local airports, south one is 1.25 miles away the northern one is about 5 miles. So I get local traffic all day/night. The southern one is a major aviation university (Lewis) as well as an O’hare International alternate landing site. 

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any B1s around the uk today?

I saw something over Gloucester around 3:30 this afternoon, heading west.

Flying too high for a positive id, and leaving vapour trails.

Wings positioned like an airliner's BUT too far back, and a long needle like nose.

My guess a B1,  did anybody else see this aircraft?

On 15/12/2020 at 20:55, theplasticsurgeon said:

Are there any B1s around the uk today?

I saw something over Gloucester around 3:30 this afternoon, heading west.

Flying too high for a positive id, and leaving vapour trails.

Wings positioned like an airliner's BUT too far back, and a long needle like nose.

My guess a B1,  did anybody else see this aircraft?

I would be interested to know if you have confirmed this! 

Around Gloucestershire you do somethings get U2, B52 and even B2 that are based at Fairford but I haven't yet seen a B1.