What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Two Apaches just over the house and now flying around North Berwick area, Osprey coming up to join them from the south according to RadarBox.

On 10/7/2020 at 8:21 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

It was notably active 5 minites at Staverton as I cycled past.

A Piper Cub.

Airbus H-135, Police.

McD902 Air Ambulance.

Embraer EMB-505 Phenom 300.

And is this a Boeing Stearman Kaydet?

I must have been there at the same time chap.

I saw exactly the same activity.

Had breakfast and sat outside in the car. You may have noticed the car. A little black MX5 with a middle age Midlife Crisis sat in it!

Pity we didn't meet up, we could have talked archery.

Rick.

36 minutes ago, Rick Brown said:

I must have been there at the same time chap.

I saw exactly the same activity.

Had breakfast and sat outside in the car. You may have noticed the car. A little black MX5 with a middle age Midlife Crisis sat in it!

Pity we didn't meet up, we could have talked archery.

Rick.

I'll look out for you in future!  Tee-shirt & shorts on a black hybrid bike.

Right just few minutes ago, Airbus A400 Atlas (RAF, serial seen on enlarged photo, ZM402 I think ) on ascent a dozen of seconds after take off from Krakow Balice airport, today! Photo from my garden :). This is first time ever I saw her!

50444966821_bd907ed3fe_b.jpg50444966956_7dc9d8df18_b.jpg

Some minutes before I've seen two Black Hawks of unknown user

50445148202_c7ef511e5b_b.jpg

As bonus B777 on cruise flight altitude, I think Thai (few days ago 4th of Oct.)

50445152317_c34cf4f956_b.jpg

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 4

Rather noisy military exercise going on over south Wales today, didn't get shots of everything but managed a few of the pair of Apaches as well as a Navy Merlin. Getting ready for target practice for people breaking lockdown I take it> Sadly missed the Gazelle(?) and Chinook that was flying about at hundred feet or so off the the ground!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

MD 900 Air Ambulance (G-CIOS) flew low over us sounding rough, and then landed a couple of streets away in a school playing field. It's taken off now after about an hour, so presumably not evacuating anyone. Didn't get a pic as it was chucking it down.

It's been an interesting few days over here near RNAS Yeovilton...

These chaps turned up on Friday, for some reason, every time the F-35s turn up to Yeovilton they fly low (~500 feet) over my house before going to Yeovilton (even though I'm a few miles from Yeovilton.

This was followed by "unusual" activity on the airfield over the weekend, 846 NAS sent a couple of their Merlins off, I think two 159's went too and a Chinook from 7 Sqn was about. Both squadrons had some "trade" this weekend in the Solent.

Just had a Typhoon directly overhead at lowish level, from the heading I am assuming  a touch and go at Leeds Bradford. First one I have seen for a while. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Just had a Typhoon directly overhead at lowish level, from the heading I am assuming  a touch and go at Leeds Bradford. First one I have seen for a while. 

Missed that one! 🙄

Regards,

Steve