What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

On 09/09/2020 at 13:36, junglierating said:

Willy Wessex practicing approaches to Leonardos (Westland Helicopters) .

P.s wellsprop....thinks you mean Wildcat AH1😀

Gosh blimey I do! Need to be careful what I say around the green lot too ;) blast, I was due to be on site the day the Wessex was over!

Busy weekend, I had a Yak 52 and a Vans Rv4 over low. A Chinook also came over at about 150 feet.... (they never go below 200ft I have been told!)

A Miles Messenger yesterday, yellow undersides with invasion stripes. Very nice

Oh... and an A-400 the other day very low (and remarkably quiet from where I was) over the top end of the village

Edited by Potato Pete
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, wellsprop said:

A Chinook also came over at about 150 feet.... (they never go below 200ft I have been told!)

We back onto a field and a few weeks back had a pair of Chinooks come over the back, one with lights on, the other "dark". I couldn't say how high they were but they were hellish low and hellish loud.

We got a low pass from the Lanc a few years back which tops pretty much everything else though...

We had the NHS Spitfire circling the nearby hospital on Saturday as part of the Devon and Cornwall leg of its tour, and on Monday there was the most unusual sound of a DHC Beaver overhead. G-DHCZ, normally based at Duxford, bumbling across the sky.

I saw the NHS spitfire this afternoon. It’s taking off from Cumbernauld airfield tomorrow at ten to do a tour round Scotland. The airfield is only ten minutes drive for me so that’s where I’ll be in the morning.

Cheers Allan

1 hour ago, 224 Peter said:

The BUFFs are based at RAF Fairford at the moment. The rumour machine says that they will be replaced by a unit of B2 Spirit bombers.  If so it will be interesting! 

Peter

I'm about 25 miles from Fairford, but today was the first time I've seen (and heard) the current detachment.  They're had plenty of coverage in the local press though.

I've seen multiple B2s previously,  but I'll keep my camera ready.

7 Beaufort fro the south and dry as a bone here on Paros...terrible day for a wildfire.  The local Mi-17 Fire and rescue is flying, taking water from the bay, etc...heroes, on the ground and in the air!

50384545443_5d4a291036_c_d.jpg

50384545388_b6aaf9d207_c_d.jpg

50384545383_42391b846a_c_d.jpg

Sikorsky S-64+ Skycrane...very loud!

50384846658_98f0f3ec84_o_d.jpg

--John

• Like 2

Just been for a local walk - Near Rushlake Green, East Sussex - 29/09 - about 5:45pm - A Hurricane and a BF 109 arrived nearby and proceeded to have a dogfight - there was a helicopter nearby presumably filming. At one point the 109 was trailing smoke all quite dramatic!! If anyone knows anything about this and what they might be filming for would be grateful for any info. Many thanks Tom