What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

And just now an A400 Atlas! Biggles is busy in the sky over Leeds today! Unless the the C17 was the A400 as i only just got a glance of it as it went past... Its still doing circuits as i type this.

This is a wonky pic I managed to grab out of the window!

uJgUUDC.jpg

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
Pic added.
  • Like 1

An Atlas (ZM415 apparently) this morning around nine doing circuits into LBA and about ten minutes ago a Wildcat heading west. About the most active a low level all week. 

BTW I have notice a lot more military transports are showing up on Flight radar24. In the past if an Atlas or Globemaster was trundling around, it did no show up at all, but now the call signs and routes are there and not just for RAF stuff, a US Army DHC8 came our way and showed up, even though as usual it was cloudy. 

1 hour ago, Mr T said:

An Atlas (ZM415 apparently) this morning around nine doing circuits into LBA and about ten minutes ago a Wildcat heading west. 

Thats probably the same Atlas that was pootling about over me. It did quite a few circuits too. Missed the Wildcat though.

Hope you, Mrs T and the little T's are keeping safe and well.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve, we are all well. The study/spare room is an occasional virtual surgery. Mrs T is worried about the care homes, although even there, some pleasant surprises amongst the sadness. I am glad the little T's are not so little (26 and 23). Tonight Joe cooked us  chicken egg fried rice and Ellie had made a vegan millionaire shortbread (not cos she is vegan, but lactose intolerant) washed down with a bottle of Singha. I will miss her when she moves to Slough to start a teaching job. Now most of the cupboards have been cleaned I am doing some modelling in daylight, which is very strange. Hope you and Mrs S are keeping well and good job on the food deliveries etc. 

• Like 1

Antonov An-22 Antei (! - I think the last one flying) on flight altitude, half an hour ago, seen only on flight radar . Due to raining weather I was not able to see her, but I've heard the sound.... Laud and what a basso profundo!

In deep past (do not worry, still in Holocene, I mean in 1970s, 80s.) they were not so rare over Poland. I made a high altitude photo about 2000

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 8:23 AM, Albeback52 said:

Ps - if it ever gets so bad that I rush out to watch a Ryanair arrival, it's time to send for the guys on white coats! 🙄

To see all those people who want to go to Glasgow?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, GordonD said:

To see all those people who want to go to Glasgow?

Well, strangely enough, I want to go to Glasgow!  My partner lives there!😉. Haven't seen her in weeks 🙁.

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

My point was that people who fly on Ryanair who want to go to Glasgow are likely to land in Edinburgh!

• Like 1

By luck just witnessed a rare sight, saw something strange in the distance out the window which happen to be an ultralight having checked the tracker, when I saw two heavy icons flying parallel routes in an unusual direction, which turned out to be USAF KC-135's out of mildenhall, as the sky was clear ran out to see a formation of what I assume are f-15's around one the tankers, and what could well have been one of them currently taking on fuel at the rear, couldn't see the other as it was in the sun, wish I taken a pic but left my phone upstairs.  https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae0480 (the one I saw) and the other https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae0237

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Merlin just flew down Robert's road on my estate, didn't see him signal and I think one of his brake lights was out! well below Cleeve Hill height.

Rather interestingly an RAF 350ER Shadow, SNAKE46 which has been circling over the north of Stoke on Trent  came "on station" about an hour ago to replace KNIGT48 which was doing exactly the same for some hours this afternoon at 15,000ft and appears to have gone back to Waddington as SNAKE46 arrived.

I know they tool around all over the place at the moment but intrigued that they appeared to seamlessly replace each other. 

Earlier this afternoon the local paper reports that four men were driving a blue Volkswagen Golf through the city when it was rammed off of the road. Several SUVs arrived and spewed out gentleman wearing balaclavas and carrying automatic weapons and smashed the windows of the car. Then the marked cars turned up and the four occupants of the car were taken away including one who'd legged it into a church.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/armed-officers-wearing-masks-surround-4110958

I wonder?

Edited by Pigpen
Shocking spelling and grammar!

22 hours ago, GordonD said:

My point was that people who fly on Ryanair who want to go to Glasgow are likely to land in Edinburgh!

🤣. I get that GordonD. Don't worry. It's like Ryanair passengers flying to Oslo actually flying to  Torp or flying to Paris and actually landing at Beauvais.

I suppose one should be thankful that their Dublin flights arrive at Dublin (Dublin) and, not Dublin (Shannon)

Allan.

Ps yes yes I know the true destinations are always in the small print..

Pps, I actually rushed to the window yesterday upon hearing an actual aeroplane! Guess what! It was Ryanair.....! 🙁

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pigpen said:

Rather interestingly an RAF 350ER Shadow, SNAKE46 which has been circling over the north of Stoke on Trent  came "on station" about an hour ago to replace KNIGT48 which was doing exactly the same for some hours this afternoon at 15,000ft and appears to have gone back to Waddington as SNAKE46 arrived.

I know they tool around all over the place at the moment but intrigued that they appeared to seamlessly replace each other. 

Earlier this afternoon the local paper reports that four men were driving a blue Volkswagen Golf through the city when it was rammed off of the road. Several SUVs arrived and spewed out gentleman wearing balaclavas and carrying automatic weapons and smashed the windows of the car. Then the marked cars turned up and the four occupants of the car were taken away including one who'd legged it into a church.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/armed-officers-wearing-masks-surround-4110958

I wonder?

We had this the other day, Someone doing 34 in a 30 i think. :)

Three trails today, more than I’ve seen in one day for some time. The second was a four engined aircraft ( or 4 Mirage  2000s in close formation ) heading north but by the time I got to the binoculars it was too far away to identify anything.

John