What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

I saw a contrail earlier and because this is now unusual I had a look on my iPhone app and found that it was  an RCAF CC-150 from Saudi Arabia. Following it for a while it landed in Belfast for a refuel and is now headed west again.

Other than that,  a Ravenair P.68 has been droning over is here in Wirral for a few days. I can only assume it’s doing survey work, as according to Ravenair’s website, they are kitted out for photo recon and survey work.

Trevor

As nothing seems to be flying around here Madame X just pointed out "I can hear a plane" - so I've just popped my head out the door & then jumped on FR24 - to see this...

RYR.jpg

it looks like someone just took a 737 for a quick joy ride - it was show as MCR to N/A...

The occasional Aurigny flight going into/out of Southampton, they seem to be operating ATR-42's these days, a lot quieter than the old Trislanders!  They have been operating some Dornier 228's too.

Saw a FlyBe (remember them) ATR-42 or DASH-8 flying out of Southampton too, bit too far away to ID the type but close enough to confidently ID the colour scheme.

Feel saddened that Eastleigh doesn't have the movements now since the loss of Flybe.

Not seen much over my way lately; just the odd A320 and 737 as after 2.00pm and to around 9 or 10 pm is the only time Gatwick is open.  A Herc went over high at the weekend and a light twin yesterday barely visible .

Well he landed - signed off & then immediately - fired it up again & did a tighter circuit...

ryan.jpg

pilot training???  just turning the engines over??? sight seeing????  joy riders??? 

A King Air, just now, grey below, white on top, no obvious markings, but a cheatline going up the tail like the RAF ones, did a couple of circuits then went westwards. Not showing on FR

Edited by Teuchter
Add timing

Just had a single fast jet, possibly a Typhoon, flying NW and not hanging about. Not on the right heading for Lossie/Kinloss, on the normal N Atlantic routing we see the fat things flying. i need to get a Tracker App that covers military as well as civil stuff!

Duncan B

Just spied an A400M lined up on Bristol, but certainly not intending to land. Sounded good too, and currently, the first aircraft I've seen in a while.

Steve

I live in the North Midlands so not much in the way of military activity usually but since the lockdown there's been much more... with things like RAF A400, C17, E3, C130 and BAe146 doing circuits at Birmingham, Manchester and East Midlands airports and passing close by. Also getting Voyagers over to and from the North Sea refuelling tracks, and a couple of Canadian Air Force A330 and C17s over at high level. Also saw 3 x F-15s trailing south last week. Never seen these in this area before. Working from home does have its benefits.