What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

11 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Today we had a RAF C-130J at low level and something rotary-winged about 30 minutes ago a LOT lower.

That's because helicopter crews get nose bleeds flying at the extreme heights plank trash call low level!

Like most places, Newcastle is pretty quiet, but had the pleasure of a Kuwait Air Force C17 arriving this morning, and flew over our place on the coast at about 3000’ on its way in - much obliged!  (I used to live 5 miles from 09L threshold at LHR, its all a bit sleepy here by comparison)

SD

3 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Pair of Royal Navy Hellcats flying in a slow, low circle for the past 20 mins or so over my estate! 

Hi Steve I think you mean Wildcats. I could hear them, but not see them as they were blocked by the houses and the hill. 

There was a Typhoon this afternoon, presumably going to do a touch and go at LBA. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Hellcats?

Ooops... meant Wildcats! 

20 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Hi Steve I think you mean Wildcats. I could hear them, but not see them as they were blocked by the houses and the hill. 

There was a Typhoon this afternoon, presumably going to do a touch and go at LBA. 

Hi Martin,

Hope you and Mrs T are keeping safe and well.

This home working is sending me a bit bonkers! Now a pair of Hellcats would have been a sight to see! 😀 Missed the Typhoon though..

Regards,

Steve

• Thanks 1

Just had a 'Typhoon' fly over heading west at a lowish altitude (few thousand feet). The reason for the quotation marks is because I'm saying Typhoon as that is more logical but I could swear it was a Rafale but that doesn't make any sense! 

Duncan B

Mrs T is managing to keep going, she is doing stuff remotely as she does not want to go between homes as you can imagine what might happen. I have my (currently) twelve week sentence. Cleaning cupboards at two a day as per Mrs T list. 

• Haha 1

All is not Doom and gloom!!

We have TWO SCHEDULED FLIGHTS in to Edinburgh today!! 🤣🤣🤣

Flight QR031 arrived from Doha at 06.32 and, AF1486 is due from Paris at 0846!.

I'm so excited at the prospect of actually seeing two planes in one day, I am going to break out of confinement /house arrest and hobble out for my daily exercise and watch it arrive!

That it should come to this! Getting excited over an Air France A-320... 🙄

Allan

Ps - if it ever gets so bad that I rush out to watch a Ryanair arrival, it's time to send for the guys on white coats! 🙄

• Haha 4

On 4/6/2020 at 8:23 AM, Albeback52 said:

Ps - if it ever gets so bad that I rush out to watch a Ryanair arrival, it's time to send for the guys on white coats! 🙄

According to FR there was a BA London - Edinburgh flight over this morning, one of the very few contrails seen, does that not count? Some very noisy military flying, couldn't see what it was though

Don

Today a treat as I sawv a Wildcat flying South West-North East of home fairly low, not sure where it was going. A couple of freighters at high level, a Qatar 777 Amsterdam-Atlanta and a DHL 757, Leipzig to Keflavik. Sunday we had three Common Buzzards overhead fairly low, from the noise etc I guess some courting going on. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Teuchter said:

According to FR there was a BA London - Edinburgh flight over this morning, one of the very few contrails seen, does that not count? Some very noisy military flying, couldn't see what it was though

Don

There was an Irish Air Corps PC-12 in yesterday morning. A very pleasant surprise. 😊

Allan

• Like 1

Very interestingly a Lockheed TR-1A has just passed overhead,  sadly my camera was beyond reach.

Probably heading for Fairford or Brize.

Mainly silver with black panels underneath.  Deffo had the wing pods.

SH-TR-1-A-Superpod.jpg

Is there something going on?

• Like 3

This morning we had a Grey Merlin going South East and then a Grey C-130 going South East. Lunchtime was a Hawk doing aerobatics (ETPS or Yeovilton).

Edited by speedy