What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Well these weren't fliers but deserve a mention, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to put this.

Yesterday heading South on a trailer on the A1 near Colsterworth was a grey/green camouflaged Gazelle.

Today on the A46, near Swinderby just South of Lincoln and heading South on a low loader was a Lancaster fuselage.

It was partially covered by tarpaulins but I noticed numbers either side of the nose turret, 976 I think? There were also names in white on the nose.

It was followed by a Discovery with RAF recovery in dayglo letters on the back. The Disco was towing a trailer with another small fuselage section on it.

I wonder if anyone knows where it's from and where it was going to.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fairly unusually for a Saturday, an Atlas came overhead on the way to Leeds-Bradford and as I wrote this has just come over again. First time I have seen anything military for a while practising circuits into LBA

• Like 1

Air Chathams is giving pleasure flights from our local drome, Paraparaumu, with their DC-3 'Skyliner' ZK-AWP. An aircraft close to my heart as I spannered on it - including working on the Skyliner

conversion in '63.

It had been in Air Chathams colours but they recently repainted it in the 'proper' NZNAC scheme.

I had forgotten about it until about an hour ago while out in the garden I heard the distant rumble and had to scrabble from out of the undergrowth to get a glimpse of the old girl heading low up the beach.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Airbus 340 of Bundesluftwaffe, arrival to Krakow for 75 anniversary of liberation of Auschwitz KL on last Monday. Please note the place for black crosses.

49456366318_f712bfa3c4_b.jpg

49457072242_7c922a1b33_b.jpg

Cheers

J-W

• Like 5

U2 pottering along at about 10,000' Over Gloucester/Hereford/Worcester boarder.

Making very odd manoeuvres!

Rare beast around here (that we see....).

Not on any of the radar sites I feed.

Rick.

• Like 2

Cant see it as its dark but sounds like a Chinook from the Illinois Army National guard. It was low, loud, and not registering on Flightradar24. Took off hot coming out of the local airport 1.25 miles to my south, heading north like theres no tomorrow. 

Currently over our apartment in Tainan, Taiwan. Apologies for the the terrible quality, they were taken from my phone, but it's a rarely seen subject so I thought worth showing.

Taiwanese Air Force F-CK-1 Cing-Kuo from Tainan AB.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

2nd day running an USAF C-130 has gone over NW, yesterday flight path suggested it started out at Mildenhall before coming back over, todays looks like It came from Aviano edit: and again for a third day, wonder why

Edited by PhantomBigStu

2 hours ago, Teuchter said:

. . . . .  but an unusual engine noise

Very distinctive and very LOUD , have had ones operated by Cavok fly over crossing the coast heading towards Scandinavia sounding as if they are about to take the chimney out then when checking on Flight Radar discovering that they are way up at the same height as traffic in and out of Aberdeen which passes almost unheard.

• Like 1

We’re visiting relatives in Spalding this week and today F-15s’ have been overhead doing ACM. Very entertaining and I was able to see most of it.

• Like 1

A Miles Magister, probably from Old Warden, and a Spitfire which may have been a Mk IX, though it was a way off. Unless AR501 (Shuttleworth's Mk Vc and my usual visitor) has been refitted with the standard wingtips, it probably wasn't her. My first Spitfire of the year, anyway!