What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Just had an A400 go over but still identifiable in the rapidly falling dusk , at height but still noisy and makes for a very rare military sighting of any kind in this part of the world these days.

• Like 1

Just found this thread. I drive from Boston, Linc's to Great Blakenham, Suffolk each day for work so I often have an air show as I drive. Yesterday (or Wednesday, I have a bad short term memory) I saw 2 pair of Tornadoes over Boston flying back to Marham. I shall miss seeing them. So far this month I have seen Apaches out of Wattisham so I am told, F-15 Eagles over Thetford from Lakenheath, C-17 Globemasters and something 707 based (maybe C-135) over Bury Stedmunds. I am fairly sure I saw a 747-400 over Thetford last week, it was low and slow but I might be mistaken. Plus I quite often see Typhoon/Eurofighters from Coningsby, C-130 Hercules (often very low) from I don't know where and V-22 Ospreys over Holbeach where I live. Looking forward to seeing the BBMF in the summer over Holbeach.

Edited by dadofthree
Short term memory loss

We had some Russian civvie Antonov AN-26 twin turbo props going over here last week,..... flying from Germany to Liverpool Airport,....... really noisy,....... just wondered what that was all about?

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

I'm currently on a jobsite ( location withheld due to security ) My company is pouring Concrete for the new runway.

When suddenly, the hanger next to me opened up, and these started to appear...

mQNbjEa.jpg9bMx6PK.jpg3fUgoaY.jpgOaXdxyN.jpg

And, this guy kept "Buzzing us ... all day...

VFcYFVU.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, stringbag said:

Saw the BOAC retro B747-400 overhead Wallasey this morning.  Cloudless skies and a clear view with binoculars.

Chris.

Just looked on the web... absolutely stunning! 

I wonder what they will put the BEA livery on?

On 2/23/2019 at 12:05 AM, tonyot said:

We had some Russian civvie Antonov AN-26 twin turbo props going over here last week,..... flying from Germany to Liverpool Airport,....... really noisy,....... just wondered what that was all about?

Cheers

Tony

Came over to the south of me quite high, I know they occasionally visit East Midlands, but I think that they are on freight runs as EMA is a sizeable freight/parcels hub. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:25 PM, Mr T said:

Came over to the south of me quite high, I know they occasionally visit East Midlands, but I think that they are on freight runs as EMA is a sizeable freight/parcels hub. 

Interesting,  heard a 'different' sounding prop job a few times the last couple of weeks, always around 1430hrs, heading from West to East, both the last two Tuesdays, this Thursday as well.  Think at least one other occasion.  Only seen the cab once but was without my 'scope, assumed it was an A400 but could very possibly be an AN-26 I guess. although AN-12 would be a closer silhouette.