What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

1 hour ago, lasermonkey said:

Had a couple of Apaches go over yesterday afternoon, so nothing out of the ordinary.

Being on the flight path between Middle Wallop, Odiham and Bramley, I see the odd one everyday, and Chinooks all the time, but was getting at least one an hour from 0600 to about 2000. Maybe see a Merlin once a week but seen several both days, not moaning I love it, but it is unusual. 

Edited by Airgunner

@Airgunner it's rare that I don't get at least one Apache fly over, going roughly east-west or vice-versa. After wondering where they were coming from, I decided to track one on ADS-B and they're coming from Wattisham and going to Middle Wallop. My village just happens to be right on the flightpath.

Very occasionally I'll get a Chinook or a Lynx or more often, a civil helicopter.

• 1 month later...

An F35B just gone overhead on approach to Leeds-Bradford. First time I have seen one do this, although Tornados were fairly regular visitors doing touch and go's. Very noisy and sounds quite different from Tornado or Typhoon. 

a flight of RN hawk T.1s that my derest brother thought were red arrows.

oh and my drone

Edited by SA80A2AR

• 2 weeks later...

A pair of Apaches quite low over Rothwell (the West Yorkshire one) heading southwest. Not common around here compared to the Chinooks. 

Not quite overhead but a couple of hundred metres to the north, two Mirage 2000s ( the first this year ) heading west. Due to the lack of foliage on the surrounding trees, I watched them turn hard left just before the local town and head off south.

Two USAF V 22 Osprey! Very rere in Kraków, Poland. First time I've seen them in air (in both configurations).  Not exactly over my house, but over my working place. Some people made photos of  them:

http://lotnictwo.net.pl/5-poszczegolne_lotniska/22-krakow_balice_epkk_krk/93-epkk_zdjecia_i_filmy/91785-2019_02_19_cv22_usaf.html

Cheers

J-W

Used to live under the flight path of the bbmf was always great to see them go over on the way to shows, now it’s just the local plod that circle over my area at random intervals  wasting fuel 

Apparently the farewell vic of Tornadoes over our house in Wirral yesterday and heading at high speed for Wales (Valley - Mach Loop??).

I say apparently because I was at work and missed them 🤬

Trevor

19 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

I have ADS-B open and will be tracking the Tornado vic as it flies between Duxford and Thurleigh, in the hope that it goes over (or near) my house. It's a slight possibility, but I won't be holding my breath!

Any idea of call sign etc?

We're on! ZD744, ZD716 so far, callsign TRNDO02 for '744.

And ZA601.

Or maybe not! The serials keep changing on ADS-B!

Well, I can say for sure that they didn't fly overhead! The flight tracker proved to be utterly useless, so I stood at the window with my bins, just in case.

Not a sausage! 🙁

Edited by lasermonkey

55 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

We're on! ZD744, ZD716 so far, callsign TRNDO02 for '744.

And ZA601.

Or maybe not! The serials keep changing on ADS-B!

Well, I can say for sure that they didn't fly overhead! The flight tracker proved to be utterly useless, so I stood at the window with my bins, just in case.

Not a sausage! 🙁

I must admit I've not seen a thing! Got bogged down with a work thang. I can't see anything at all!