What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Not exactly over the house, but we are on holiday in France at the moment and went to a bird reserve this morning at Teich Le Buch. Saw a fair number of Storks, Egret of various types and Cranes etc. However the reserve is not far from BA120 Cazaux and so treated to a succession of the resident Alpha Jets and Singapore Air Force M346 Masters as well as a Rafale, Dassault Falcon and Mirage 2000. Wife sent a picture of happy MrT to offspring via WhatsApp. 

Edited by Mr T
Delete repeated word.
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

Odd enough at any time but at 7.30 pm on a Saturday evening 2 Apaches zigzagging and almost hovering out the back of my house!

Duncan B

You wearing that certain costume around the house again Duncan 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Duncan B said:

Odd enough at any time but at 7.30 pm on a Saturday evening 2 Apaches zigzagging and almost hovering out the back of my house!

Duncan B

On their way back from wherever they had been heading over Montrose an hour earlier maybe?

Join the Army and work weekends.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Why would the Army be interested in me wearing a French Maid's costume.....Oh!!

Like that scene from Blue Thunder  ..............  then again Duncan nothing like that scene from Blue Thunder , hard to confuse you with Anna Forrest even in IR or LLTV.

• Haha 1

This morning on the way to work at about 7am a Wildcat going parallel with the A303. On the way home an A400 with the ramp down in low cloud/low light going around imber village.

Steve.

A Royal Navy Merlin (well, I think it was- it seemed to be Medium Sea Grey all over) flew over maybe half an hour ago, maybe 500ft. I wonder what it's doing in this neck of the woods, seeing as I'm about as far away from the sea as you can get in the UK!

Anyway, quite a handsome beast, the Merlin.

A drone, directly over my house, as pointed out by my boys. I abandoned my dinner and stormed out the door. I spotted a guy in his garden and asked if he was controling the drone directly over my house. 

He said it was. I told him to bring it down now or I would report him. He was taken aback. I pointed out it was illegal. He denied it being ignorant of the law. I was furious, perhaps a bit over the top. 

Well maybe I could have been more diplomatic as my wife suggested but I wasn't for diplomacy. 

My youngest son said he'd never seen  me so angry.  Really maybe I should be harder on the kids.👿

To be fair he brought it down. 

I'm actually friends with the chap in Irish Aviation Authority responsible for drones. 

Such power. But I use it responsibly

• Like 1

Some weeks ago - Polish PZL M 38 Bryza (An-28 modified) painted to commemorate Battle of Atlantic in EDSG/White and having RAF fin flash

44093015365_4e4cc820ca_b.jpg

Some more photos from my  house garden (close to  Krakow airport Balice)  or just from a small walks around in recent weeks

45003808891_d1a52b0c55_b.jpg

43192189570_6772b673c4_b.jpg

43192190810_cb486b0371_b.jpg

45003809991_acb2270a3f_b.jpg

44955525862_2478e4a8c9_b.jpg

45003811161_66ff25f2d5_b.jpg

30067797067_794117b44a_b.jpg

Regards

J-W

• Like 6

At 1700, an Armee de l'air Xingu at about 300ft heading east. It's used as a multi engined trainer and they're always low, so I don't know what the students go on to fly, although I have seen low level Transalls in the area.

Yesterday, I was leaving a client's office to se a Beech T-34 Mentor buzzing about over the centre of town.

I know there's one or two Mentors flying in Czech hands these days, but I couldn't see it well enough to know which one it was.

A bit late as it was yesterday, but a singleton Red Arrow flew very low overhead, rolled starboard to knife edge, and disappeared at a great rate of knots in a northerly direction along the Derwent valley. A splendid sight!