What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Heard a helicopter this afternoon, struggled to see it.

Got a glimpse of RAF Puma at about 250ft heading west towards Stirling.

Heard there are flights for Air Cadets being made from Leuchars, maybe one of these?

Hercules over Poole bay today, doing some para drop training with an RN vessel.  Came right over Knoll Bay at only a couple of hundred feet both on way in and out.

16 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

Within the last few minutes, an unexpected sight - four Fouga Magisters in close diamond formation, beneath the fairly low cloudbase, right over the house, heading south across Carlyon Bay, having come from the direction of Newquay....

.....presumably, these guys:

http://patrouillefougamagister.com/fouga-magister-team/

Yes, returning from Baldonnel, where they were based for the Bray Air Display over the weekend.

• Thanks 1

Mid-morning an auto gyro with enclosed fuselage at about 500ft heading east. I've seen it before but not directly overhead, SWMBO was gardening at the time and said it sounded like the engine was about to fall out. She knows about these sorts of things of course.

• Haha 1

We had what looked like a Bronco fly over the village, heading south on Friday , presumably to attend the Sunderland air show over the weekend. About 2 hours ago we had a pair of Tornado's flying over the village, low and fast, looking like they were following the ECML northerly.

thanks

Mike

29 minutes ago, Mikemx said:

We had what looked like a Bronco fly over the village, heading south on Friday , presumably to attend the Sunderland air show over the weekend. About 2 hours ago we had a pair of Tornado's flying over the village, low and fast, looking like they were following the ECML northerly.

thanks

Mike

Bronco was at East Fortune on Saturday, so possibly a weather divert on it's way North on Friday?

42 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

Bronco was at East Fortune on Saturday, so possibly a weather divert on it's way North on Friday?

It was most definitely heading south towards Ashington. I didn't go to the Sunderland air show this year (went to Flying Legends instead) so I don't know what days it did at Sunderland but they had some footage of the Sunderland air show on the local news and the Bronco was there.

thanks

Mike

Helicopters every few minutes, directly over the house. It's race week here in Galway and today was Ladies day. The races just ended so there's a continuous shuttle of well heeled punters, see what I did there?👠 flying into the city. Ladies day is always the busiest for helicopters as gentlemen with money are inclined to impress their lady friends. 

This week is one long continuous street party in town. Great fun. Here comes another chopper!

4 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

This P-51, heading west.

29955692708_993f153bff_b.jpg

Umm jealous. But you have to capture the sound. The Merlin sound. Not like the annoying helicopters who are still here today. Some people have too much money.

Not over my house but on the way home, I saw the distinctive shape of a Saro Scout, a teeny-weeny helicopter of yore!  It was heading towards Eastliegh.

Edited by Wez

Today few minutes pas 5 PM at cruise altitude over my house in suburbia of Krakow I caugh Antonov 225 Mrija flying to Lipsk

30021848448_bfebf344f1_b.jpg

28954804667_e436cc47b0_b.jpg

30021850468_16b1061ea3_b.jpg

30021847878_3092252bb3_b.jpg

Photos taken with Sony compact camera HX 300....I was hoping to see her one day for years!

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
mispelling corrections
  • Like 5

Not at home but Jet Provost heading slightly south of west over Chanonry point towards Inverness about 9.30pm last night, the 8th of August. Quite low but wasn't headed for Inverness Airport.