What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Back home now from my self propelled home on wheels tour of the New Forest, the Cotswalds and West Sussex, during this week I've seen:

FRA/Cobham Falcon

Hercules

C-17

Atlas (damned noisy buggers these)

Apache

Harvard

Spitfire

Not a bad week all in all!

• Like 1

This afternoon a dark coloured Harvard flew over, it definitely had red patches underneath.

steve.

RCAF C17 on its way to Leeds Bradford Airport. Apparently there is going to be quite a bit of activity over this way due to a NATO air exercise taking place this week.

Regards 

Steve 

• Like 1

RAF C17 with tail art this morning and a Tornado pair about 15 minutes ago, all with undercarriages down turning on to approach to Leeds-Bradford. 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 3:07 PM, Beard said:

A Hurricane, Spitfire and, Dove (?) in formation, heading East over Folkestone.

Heron, Simon...came over us and then circled the memorial a couple of times... followed by the Aerolegends T-6

• Thanks 1

Just now, FalkeEins said:

Heron, Simon...came over us and then circled the memorial a couple of times... followed by the Aerolegends T-6

Thanks, I'm fairly good with WW2-era aircraft but rubbish with those post-war De Havilland ones.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Another C17 flying fairly low over South Leeds. RAF one this time. Was also an A400 flying about but missed it.

Regards 

Steve 

Saw both, C17 was around for a while but the Atlas came and went, might have a run up to Leeming later today. 

• Like 1

Close to us, a C130 with a 100 Anniversary tail from Boscombe Down has been doing something around imber village or that way, doing a lazy circuit over the A303 two days in a row around 5.30pm+

Walking home this afternoon and heard a loud aircraft coming in for a landing at our local airport, looked up and saw a C-27 Spartan. There is a fly in on Sunday at out airport in Toowoomba where classic cars and war birds are on the menu.

But we are doing PX-2018 in Brisbane instead on Sunday.

Regularly get a Spitfire over my house which is converted into a two seater and hired by wealthy folk!

Get the occasional Mustang and Hurricane in the area too.

Seen the Bristol Blenheim which does the airshow circuit in the UK.

Seen a Vulcan and Lancaster go past my house in the past.

I live on the south coast and these and others used to go past my house on the way to the Shoreham Airshow from the Bournemouth Airshow.

Seeing a Vulcan approaching whilst in your back garden is something else.

Like an alien space ship.

See the Spitfire regularly.

In the summer probably once a week and I'm not in most of the day.

Just now a Formation of 3 AT-6’s or SNJ’s there probably her training with the AT-6 based a mile away in Spanish Air Force markings. They fly an aerial demonstration somewhere together and practice here. Will see if i can get photo’s. 

So theres a local airshow happening. Ford Trimotor and some Texans/SNJ’s and a few other types. Didnt have the $ to get in and close but the Texans were foing formation flying. Three of them and a V-tailed Bonanza which I found kind of funny looking. The guy in the Bonanza must’ve really been pushing it hard to keep up with the big radials. Heres the two best photos i could get from where i was standing.  

89kD5z5.jpg

dSJ3CFP.jpg

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

C-47 heading east at low level right over my house in Weston Super Mare.

Worthy of a mention because I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever see historics in this area....ever!

Now if you want to see lots and lots of Brian Air 737s or EZ Jet Airbus A319s, then here is the place to be.....Yawn....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 😴

A few days ago we had a Spitfire overhead. Yesterday the BBMF Dakota flew over quite low, followed later by a Grumman Wildcat.

So far today we've had a Dragon Rapide doing circuits, PA474 right over the house at 750ft tops (😍) and a Lysander just a few moments ago. I'm heading out to the garden armed with my bins and a pint of IPA.

• Like 1