What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

from earlier this week - Paris escapee, the -10 dreamburner.

People actually go to Farnborough and Paris public days thinking that they are going to see these fly, but they are never there longer than the first trade days.

DSC_6989.jpg

• Like 1

On 2017-6-26 at 11:42, Rick Brown said:

A400M spoiling my quiet snooze in the garden.

Rick.

Yeah they are noisy.  Surprisingly so when compared to the Hercs.

Anyway the reason I dropped by.  DC-10, yesterday morning about half nine.  Dark blue tail blending into fuselage so possibly one of the FedEx fleet.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-17 at 10:15, LotusArenco said:

I’ve often seen these following the M40/A40 (noise corridor?) into and out of town.

Anyone know where they’re off to?

I have to admit that the inner child escapes when I see them, and leaves me with a big cheesy grin.:D

Mart

Possibly Brize.  We see them around here now and again; another possibility if they were tracking the M40/A40 is Benson, but those are just guesses.

• Like 1

Damn great thunderstorm lasting over an hour, still me and the self propelled home on four wheels now have a paddling pool at our current abode of Angers.

Keep hearing fast jets during the day but I haven't seen hide nor hair of a Rafale, Mirage 2000 or even an Alpha Jet yet!

On 6/19/2017 at 10:55 AM, Max Headroom said:

At a friend's house in Irby about an hour ago and something big and loud and helicoptery sounding flew low over us. It was a Merlin with it's rear ramp open. Appeared to be overall in light grey, but aren't the ex RAF HC.3's still overall green?

Trevor

Mk4 mate ....google it..

Junglie grey .....hmmm it may grow on me.

• Like 1

A Chinook went over Milnrow, nr Rochdale about an hour ago,.....extremely low level (150-200 ft?) ,. heading for the Saddlework area,..... brought back lots of memories and forgotten just how loud they were up close!

Cheers

Tony

At Brixham, Devon and a helicopter large by the sound hovering and searching just off our cove with a spotlight on the sea.  Been circling the sea and coast for about 45 minutes

Looks and sounds like a SAR job sadly

This morning the back of 10 there was a Merlin, Puma and Chinook over Edinburgh, the Merlin flew on while the Puma circled and the Chinook landed at what looked like Dreghorn Barracks from where I was, then 5 mins or so later took of and both headed south.

Graham

Just now, Rick Brown said:

Osprey. Heading North.

Funny that, because this just flew over my house 5 mins ago, heading south. I live in North Wiltshire. I wonder if it's the same one heading back?:D203402DSC092352.jpg

• Like 1

Very curious today.  Four F-16s buzzing another type, possibly an FRA Falcon just off the coast of West Dorset, then doing a bit of tail chasing.  Don't get many fast jets in this part of the World as it's Fleet Air Arm country.

35 minutes ago, Rick Brown said:

THE LANCASTER!!!!

AAAAaaaagggghhh!!!!!!!!

Made my year!!

Rick.

The Lancaster!!!

Overflying Stratford Upon Avon racecourse where we're enjoying the Beer & Cider festival!

What could be better!

Tony

• Like 1