What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

A pair of Spitfires stooging around all afternoon in the sunshine over Southsea. A lovely sight and sound, although pretty distracting... I mean in I know that in theory I don't need do nip outside every time I hear them coming around again...

• Like 1

Not quite flying but just down the road! Noticed this EC-130 sitting at Glasgow this morning -image_zps8g37tvi9.jpeg

Sorry for the poor quality pic, mobile phone pic through the fence, but thought the subject may be of interest.

Eng

After this post last week, I went past today and in exactly the same spot there's now a KC-130T, details below -

USMC aircraft on Taxiway Y.

164442 KC-130T N/S 0956 + 1505 N/S "YANKY99".

Thought the EC-130 looked suspiciously lighter in colour.

Eng

Not at my house but at the villa at centre parcs it has been a busy week.

Few Hercs and tankers seen through the trees from Mildenhall. And regular as clockwork I could hear but never found a good place to spot all the F-15s from Lakenheath

Not exactly over my house but Friday whilst I was at work we had a B-25 fly over on its way into Lee-on-Solent.

Then this weekend I went camping near Hurn airport for the Bournemouth Air Festival, so Friday evening I witnessed a Hurricane and Typhoon going off for their displays.

Unfortunately due to the strong winds yesterday's afternoon display was cancelled and the evening display commenced under a low cloudbase. There was a Royal Navy beach assault demo which included a couple of Hawks flying top cover to a pair of Wildcats and a Pinger Merlin (but we all know the Booties would rather make that assault in a Wokka), we also saw the Reds and a Swiss Super Puma before having to catch our bus back to the campsite where I was lucky enough to catch Sally B taking off into the sunset. Unfortunately, we heard the display was cancelled shortly after that due to worsening conditions.

Today was a much better day with clear blue skies but we had to leave but not before witnessing a Herk departing Hurn, don't know whose it was but it was in disruptive camouflage so not an RAF C-130.

B 25 Mitchell................................... Over Broadstairs................... now that is rare...............

happy bunny of Broadstairs. :thumbsup:

• Like 1