What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

We've just had a pair of A-10's fly North over MJW Models HQ, perhaps heading for the Otterburn ranges. We've been hearing slow jets for the last few days but not seen them, so this is the first sight of them (now the weather is better!). The usual Tornado flew over last week.

thanks

Mike

Yeah Two grey A10's here too in Catterick garrison. Real low doing some dive practice over area of catterick/wathgill ranges. Did several loops passing over estate whilst doing runs. set car alarms off :) we are Close to leeming. Perhaps same pair that was at mjw models as you are only 50 miles north of me.

Then a hawk turned up (red arrows type but black) and were all chasing each other. Got some phone pics will put them up in a bit...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

picture share

Edited by Tony Oliver

At approximately 18:00 I had an Apache fly over the house I live at, circle round, fly over again, circle round, fly over again, rinse and repeat for 10 minutes.

No idea what he/she/they were doing. It was probably no more than 100ft off the deck, certainly lower than those A-10's and at one point it was directly over my head. I could have had a video of it at the point it flew over if I'd have pressed record on my mobile. Doh!!!

I can't work out what an Apache would have been doing circling over the area where the house I live at is though? Very odd. We're about 30 miles from Wattisham where they're based, and we're about 20 miles away from Stansted Airport - the only two big "points of interest" nearby that I know of.

Edited by Raven Morpheus

9 Swiss Air Force PC-7s! Arriving for the show at East Fortune. Not able to get photo but,close enough to Edinburgh Airport to see them run in and break for landing.I live under the runway 24 approach and they went right past my front window

Allan

Not over my house... but 2 pairs (or the same pair twice) of A-10s over Kendal.

Been years since Ive seen any in the air, properly goosebumped me they did. :)

Well, a noisy morning directly over the house and on to Lincoln....two Typhoons wheeling around under power formating with BBMF Spit, Hurricane and Lanc followed by B-25 and two 'little friends'...could still hear the Merlins over the manoeurvring Typhoons !.....rather nice.

• Like 1

I too saw the BBMF flight and the Typhoons over Lincoln.

Didn't see the others though.

Was it Waddo's families day?

The runway is finished?

Don't know what's going on but the FAA have been very busy over West Dorset this week. Mixed formations of Merlins and Lynx Wildcats pretty much all day, every day. On Monday there were three Merlins and a Lynx exercising off the coast with a warship and what looked like high speed Zodiac boats whizzing around, and quite a lot of activity from FRA's Falcons presumably playing the baddies. Also a lot of Merlin activity in what looks like primer, presumably up from Westland's. I couldn't make out if they were HMA2s or Junglies. To crown it all the Red Arrows went over the house practising that barrel roll manoeuvre. Pretty exciting week all in all.

Sorry for delay:

South of Malmesbury

Saturday - yello tiger moth and silver/red chipmunk stooging around for quite a while, low and slow.

Sunday - possible chipmunks but a bit far off in two formations (3 and 4) - guys having fun formation flying.

An Austrian Airlines Dash 8 Q400 with one of the main landing gear legs stuck in a partially retracted position.

It was in the circuit to land at the airport here in Brno and went around a couple of times with the stuck landing gear while I was visiting a client in the area. It was still flying around when I left the area and I have no idea how things were resolved for it.

Edited by upnorth