What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Variable noise, fixed thrust. JP out of North Weald

Funny that, an ex-colleague of mine who'd been on Jags for a mighty long time referred to Jags as Constant Thrust, Variable Noise

Edited by Wez

C-17 this morning presumably on its way to Yeovilton and mid-evening last night a Spitfire again on its way SW

Not technically over my house as I was at Hollowell Steam Rally, but had the BBMF Hurricane and Spitfire fly over really low. All I heard was the commentator say 2 BBMF Spitfires are approaching from the East (what a twonk for not knowing the difference) and boom they were straight over our heads.

They were so low on the first pass that SWMBO even got a bit chocked up (normally they are just rusty wingy things). But they did a figure of eight and crossed over us three time. Awesome (rubbish pic)

HampS_zpslgrhfwdf.jpg

Driving down the A1 from Durham,.....in the Leeming area we were overflown by a Harvard wearing RAF markings,....... I think it was desert camouflage and she looked very smart indeed.

Cheers

Tony

Had a Lysander pootling around earlier. A few minutes later, a pesky '109* was stooping around, with the RAF nowhere to be seen! Shocking!

* actually a Buchon, but painted in BoB colours and looking fairly convincing from a distance.

The http://www.superconstellation.org/index.php/en/'>Breitling Super Connie droned past my window several times yesterday. Twice accompanied by one or more http://www.p3flyers.ch/'>PC3s, breaking formation right in front of me. A sight to behold.

The last time they flew by I was out on my bicycle up on a hill, the flew by about at my elevation. Breathtaking.

F-35! Just flew over doing a display at Farnborough. It didn't land conventionally, so I hope it was our F-35B. Fanboy moment!

Was watching that too from Southwood Golf Club, right where he went into a semi hover! Then disappeared West, I'm guessing back to Fairford.

Other notable events, a BA A380 arrived, then departed, two F-16s, the Blades practiced and this morning as I was cutting the pitch at ATFC, a Swordfish very low and even slooooower right over the ground. Beautiful.

Also, driving past the airfield, Omega have parked their DC10 tanker right next to the fence by the terminal.

Edited by Airgunner
  • Like 1

On Saturday, two jets over Dundee. We get occasional Typhoon flights heading north or south to or from Lossie but these had more of an F15 shape to them. Unfortunately took me a moment to locate them and they were too small to be sure by then. They were rather higher than usual for RAF aircraft and the sound wasn't quite right for Tornados or Typhoons either.

If so, its the first yank jets I've seen up here since Leuchars closed.

• Like 1

Some lovely, noisy jet-based hooliganism back and forth over East Northants this morning -but too much low cloud to see what the racket is all about! Checked Duxford's calendar, but nowt until the 9th...practice run mebbe?

very noisily over Northampton courtesy http://global.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/desktop.html

ZG771 43C148 Compass.pngOpFlag.png Royal Air Force LOS09 United Kingdom Military Panavia Tornado GR.4 TOR
  • Altitude:
    11125 ft
  • Speed:
  • Heading:
    241.7°
  • Vertical Speed:
  • Squawk:
  • Species:
    Landplane
  • Transponder:
    ADS-B
  • Latitude:
    52.07291°
  • Longitude:
    -1.44580°

Some lovely, noisy jet-based hooliganism back and forth over East Northants this morning -but too much low cloud to see what the racket is all about! Checked Duxford's calendar, but nowt until the 9th...practice run mebbe?

It was a tornado 'circling' between at Ives and Wellingborough - saw it on

http://global.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/desktop.html

• Like 1