What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Quite a lot of nightime helicopter activity as well as plenty of bats. Helicopters sound like Apaches and Wockas. Saw a Wildcat and my first RN Merlin HC3 a couple of days ago.

Edited by Meatbox8
  • Like 1

One for the ornithologists, Red Kite spotted munching on bunny and generally floating around Severn Stoke Worcestershire,

There was one above my place on Wednesday.

Maybe the same one, there ain't many round here.

Yet.

One for the ornithologists, Red Kite spotted munching on bunny and generally floating around Severn Stoke Worcestershire,

Lucky you. We get plenty of Buzzards but no red kites. We do get Swallows though.

• Like 1

Get Chinooks fairly regularly here in West Kingsdown but recently had a HH-60 fly right over the house followed a few days later by an Osprey. No idea why they're this far South but luving it!!!!!

Not my house but I'm sat at Ouistreham waiting to catch the ferry back to Blighty, just had a couple of Dakota/C-47's fly over - probably part of today's D-Day celebrations.

The second one had D-Day stripes and US insignia under one wing.

Piper L4? not sure for certain but it was some sort of light observation jobby with D-day stripes underwing. Also 2 Red Kites engaged in aerial combat whilst simultaneously being harassed by a pair of some sort of Corvidae, just like the BoB!

Edited by spaddad

I saw what I'm pretty sure was a Piper Cub around lunchtime.

I saw what I'm pretty sure was a Piper Cub around lunchtime.

If it was heading Northish it was probably the same one I saw as the timing would be about right.

Saw the practice for the Queens Birthday Flypast overhead Sleaford towards Cranwell about lunchtime today. So there were a pair of Tornado's and a pair of Typhoons, Voyager, A400, Herc, BAe 146, Rivet Joint, Sentinal, Chinook, Puma, A109, one of those Bell Huey looky likey DHFS things, a couple of Beech Airs.

Repeating it tomorrow and Thursday apparently. Marham - Cranwell.