What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

I splashed out £2.99 for this iPhone app the other day (there is a free version too).

https://planefinder.net

In one mode you point your phone at the plane in the distance and it tells who/what/where to.

It's not infallible though. Yesterday I tracked a Thomas Cook A330 (G-VGYR I think). Info said it was flying from the UK to the USA, when it was tracking from Glasgow to Cardiff! The owner was given as Thomas Cook too but surely this one's on lease from Air Tanker.

It also tracked a pair of Hawks flying through Wales.

Still it's a fun app.

Trevor

Just had two Black Hawks go over Clacket lane services and a Spit.

Guy

C17's and lots of them - but then again I am currently sat in a hotel in Dayton OH. Which happens to be the home of Wright-Patterson AFB......

DSCN2978.jpg

Edited by treker_ed

This afternoon around 1400,

a pair of T tailed twin engined

aircraft in very close formation

went over the A15 heading for Cranwell.

About half an hour later a Chinook

went into Waddington.

I think the "Special people" up the road in Hereford have borrowed a few.

Rick.

Yesterday there was a Chinook hovering over Vauxhall bridge, does a full 360 pierrot, hovers a little longer and then heads the same direction as the Osprey the other day...if its the same crew they must be having some fun

Good morning all....

Question.... Does the RAF still fly the Bae 146 they aquired few years back for Afghanistan support. As I've just seen a grey 146 or RJ fly over me out of Brum..

Mark

Good morning all....

Question.... Does the RAF still fly the Bae 146 they aquired few years back for Afghanistan support. As I've just seen a grey 146 or RJ fly over me out of Brum..

Mark

Yes they still do. The reg is ZE707 if you need it.

Rob

Edit: they have 2, ZE707 and ZE708.

Edited by Class377fcc12

Had an V-22 Osprey buzzing over head in London around the Vauxhall area heading WSW from the Westminster area of the city yesterday, couldn't make out insignia, have the RAF got their hands on them?

It was a USAF bird. It's up at Duxford for the airshow. One of the guys onboard confirmed it was them over London. :)

• Like 1

Once more, a Piaggio 180 Avanti approaching Zurich. A beautiful aircraft with an amazing performance, but loud as hell. Everytime I hear a really loud turboprop, it's one of them.

Alex

Spit did a little display over the sea front at Rustington this afternoon ( don't know why, and it did the same last Sunday )

and an Apache flying along the same seafront on Thurs

Good morning all....

Mark

One of these 2 passed through Glasgow last Sunday, caught sight of it from a distance and did a quick double-take thinking it was a C-17 at first.

Eng

Just had 3 warbirds over Gillingham Dorset in tight formation. Anyone know what they were?

Rob

Yep Dover castle had a ww 2 weekend ,spitfire on Sunday ....think they took the flying regs a bit too serious it was flipping miles away and I mean a long way ....people just got fed up .

image_zps1qi5gxft.jpeg

Evening arrival at Glasgow. Sitting waiting on my daughter at the stables isn't all bad!

Eng

• Like 1