What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Another Chinook just went over the house here in Croydon heading towards the west never had so many in so many days.

Guy

This evening about 18.45 / 19.00 two very quiet light aircraft doing aerobatics over Daedalus, the aircraft were illuminated with brightly colour changing LED's and firing off pyrotechnics whilst looping.

Not sure who they were, Aerosparx may-be ? very impressive all the same, and no I've not been on the booze.

RR

So work this one out guys I went into FR24 on my phone today, and near Exeter there was a van, yup a van, so highlighted it and it turned out to be a privately owned 757, on T-MLAT, anyone tell me why it was highlighted as a van?

Cheers

• Like 1

So work this one out guys I went into FR24 on my phone today, and near Exeter there was a van, yup a van, so highlighted it and it turned out to be a privately owned 757, on T-MLAT, anyone tell me why it was highlighted as a van?

Cheers

Maybe cause it's white?

Rick.

• Like 2

Living near St Ives (Cambs, not Cornwall) I live on regular diet of KC135R's recovering into, or departing the 'Hall. Recently while returning to my car after a visit to City Cycle Centre's excellent model department I was treated to a E3D flying directly over my head, it looked most impressive as it disappeared apart from a very smoky trail drifting over the 930 year old cathedral!

Antonov AN12 UR-CIN of Cavok Air heading towards Robin Hood from Prestwick. Never seen one in the air before so pleased, even it was 7000 feet up, got a clear enough view through binoculars to tell it was an AN12 with a civilian paint scheme. Rest of info courtesy of FR24

A rare,but very welcome, sight over this tiny part of Suffolk, a low level Pave Hawk right above my roof...luckily I haven't cleared the guttering yet

Saw it too - low & right overhead. Not a lot of air traffic from Mildenhall lately so I guess it strayed south. Got home to a Chinook coming out of Wattisham too.

Just seen the flight of Sea King Mk.4's on their farewell tour round the south and west of England. 12:15 heading north from Yeovil/Taunton area towards Bristol. Looks as if there was a Merlin following - photo ship?

From the news:

"A Royal Navy helicopter dubbed the "Land Rover of the skies" is making its final flypast.

The Sea King Mk4 has been flying for 36 years with the Commando Helicopter Force, based at RNAS Yeovilton, Somerset.

Five of the aircraft are flying from the base, visiting Portsmouth, Poole, Plymouth, Okehampton, Bristol and Glastonbury.

The fleet will be decommissioned at the end of the month."

Farewell thy faithful steed

Mike

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have two reports of a F-4 Phantom doing the pattern at the Fresno Yosemite International (FAT) in Fresno, California shortly after noon today.. I thought they were all gone...anyone know who this Phantom belongs to?

Not quite over my house admittedly but on a day trip to London today with the family;

Pave Hawk ?

Pave%20Hawk%201.jpg

Pave%20Hawk%202.jpg

Seen transiting down the Thames E to W along the southbank at 1130. Photo taken on the outside phase of the Globe Theatre tour. Apologies to the tour guide but this was more interesting to me than the building.

The really annoying thing was I had my 200mm Zoom in the bag but as the camera was set up for photos for the daughters interest in all things Shakespeare the quality is not good.

Steve

• Like 1

A nice assortment today: firstly a Harvard, flying roughly in the direction of Duxford; then a formation comprising a de Havilland Dragonfly and Chipmunk and then a trio comprised of a de Havilland Fox Moth, Piper Cub and a biplane which I didn't recognise, possibly a Waco?

Also spotted were three buzzards wheeling around overhead, calling to each other and a pair of red-legged partridges which had stopped for a bite to eat in our back garden.

According to ADS-B Exchange there is a US Navy Boeing E-6 TACAMO circling just north of Truro at about 3000ft at the present, and has been doing so for the last half an hour. No submarines around there, chum, unless he's considering a touch and go at Tregavethan airfield.

• Like 1

About 1330 I had a Hercules with the ramp down and the Boscombe Down Tucano in chase doing a circuit on Salisbury plain around Warminster.

• 2 weeks later...

Too high for me to ID it, but someone's been joyriding over East Northants this morning: couple or so passes by a single fast jet, maybe a Typhoon but I can't be sure. Skies are usually very quiet here, despite the proximity to Luton -but sometimes there's the odd prop classic from Duxford!

Too high for me to ID it, but someone's been joyriding over East Northants this morning: couple or so passes by a single fast jet, maybe a Typhoon but I can't be sure. Skies are usually very quiet here, despite the proximity to Luton -but sometimes there's the odd prop classic from Duxford!

Had a Tornado this morning so could have been that? although it came over Rushden quite low and fast, just saw it the first time but missed it coming back

• Like 1

Had a Tornado this morning so could have been that? although it came over Rushden quite low and fast, just saw it the first time but missed it coming back

They showed a Tornado flying over Silverstone before the WEC race today, was that the one you saw perhaps.

Thanks for the info, Sir. It could well have been a Tornado at full wing sweep...thought it had got lost!

• Like 1