What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just had a formation of five choppers go over, a Sea King, two Chinooks followed by two Apache all in a V formation. Did several orbits over the Goodwood area then came straight over the house.

I'll upload some pics when I'm on the computer.

Typhoons,f15,s ( I think) and tornados are always playing over our home in bridlington.

Why, I don't know but love watching them

Daz

What's happening with West Sussex? Are we being invaded?

We're suddenly getting a load of military traffic; SeaKing HC4, Chinooks and Apache yesterday, Herc's today.

ce34c4103393b89715ef7393d3657f54.jpg

baeb3d8cdb4d9b3577ea8e7ee828f788.jpg

Had a very interesting visitor at Glasgow on Monday afternoon, an Aermacchi M-346A which as far as I can find out is based on a YAK-130 (this what I thought it was initially). I managed only a very poor pic out the office window just as it was about to go out of view.

image_zpsmsakuope.jpg

The aircraft was registered CSX55152, I don't know where it's from or who's it is. It left at 1402 using the call sign "IAM152". So far I've told it was on its way to Iceland for crosswind tests and evaluation. One things for sure though it goes like s@&* off a shovel! I heard it on take off and turned to see it depart, the pilot kept it low and the acceleration and speed was blistering to say the least.

A new one for me, and impressive to boot.

Eng

• Like 1

Fishing on Slapton Sands last night and a Pusser's Merlin was lumbering about offshore early evening. I heard it before I saw it. Not as interesting as the Dipper I saw on the River Tavy yesterday, oh and the grey wagtail

• Like 1

The aircraft was registered CSX55152, I don't know where it's from or who's it is. It left at 1402 using the call sign "IAM152". So far I've told it was on its way to Iceland for crosswind tests and evaluation. One things for sure though it goes like s@&* off a shovel! I heard it on take off and turned to see it depart, the pilot kept it low and the acceleration and speed was blistering to say the least

It's an Alenia company demonstrator on it's way to Keflavik for crosswind landing trials. Should be on it's way back in about a fortnight.

Had a very interesting visitor at Glasgow on Monday afternoon, an Aermacchi M-346A which as far as I can find out is based on a YAK-130 (this what I thought it was initially). I managed only a very poor pic out the office window just as it was about to go out of view.

image_zpsmsakuope.jpg

The aircraft was registered CSX55152, I don't know where it's from or who's it is. It left at 1402 using the call sign "IAM152". So far I've told it was on its way to Iceland for crosswind tests and evaluation. One things for sure though it goes like s@&* off a shovel! I heard it on take off and turned to see it depart, the pilot kept it low and the acceleration and speed was blistering to say the least.

A new one for me, and impressive to boot.

Eng

Heres some more pictures on this site of the jet for you,

http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=111338

• Like 1

Scarlet, Motley, thanks for the extra info, the pics on FC were a tad better than mine!

Defo a smart looking little machine, still can't get over how nippy the wee thing was on departure, certainly the quickest thing we've had through Glasgow in a while.

Thanks chaps.

Eng

All hell broke loose at 15:22, thought the windows were going to shake themselves out of the frames.

Looked out to see...

dbda88771d4de5d87db2f51c7211e255.jpg

That looks alot like the formation that will be doing a flypast over London today, maybe it was practice for them, theres a Herc in the flypast to so mabe thats why you saw that too :)

• 2 weeks later...

Barely had enough time to remove my lens cap, let alone muck about with settings on my camera, but these chappies were plodding along over Telford about midday today...

ewlNzKj.jpg?1

Fezfq93.png?1

I never get tired of hearing the Wokka. Two together sounds even better!

We had a Griffin scoot over a couple of hours beforehand, but I didn't manage to get a shot of that. That no-doubt was from Shawbury, but I'm not sure where the Chinooks were heading to/from.

Daryl.

I live in Kidderminster and we probably get a pair of chinooks fly over once a month. Often wondered if they were going to or from the secret squirrel place in Hereford.

We also often see Hercs and other military helicopters going over.

A couple of months ago - actually probably more like 6 - we were walking the dog at Trimpley resevoir and we had a low level pass by the Red Arrows.

But the best I've ever seen was when I lived in Banbury, in the early '80's when we had a group of 4 B-52s fly over, very low, on their way to Upper Heyford; at least I thought it was Upper Heyford they were going to.